We are working directly with the Hiring Manager of a prestigious Media company located in Midtown, NYC and they are seeking a C++ Develop for a long term contract.
We can work with you as a W2 hourly or C2C. Send resumes as this is an immediate/exclusive opportunity.
Job Title: Sr. Software Engineer (C++, MFC)
Location: Midtown, NY
Job Type: Contract
Duration: Long Term
- Our client is looking for an experienced software engineer to work on critical development projects related to broadcast television distribution.
- As part of the Broadcast Systems Development team, this individual will work to develop essential content authoring, review, and playout applications.
- Candidates for this position should be driven to deliver quality software suitable for the high-availability nature of television broadcasting.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- At least 5 years of experience with C++ software development
- Experience with Microsoft Foundation Classes on Windows
- Experience building multithreaded software and debugging multithreaded software systems
- Experience with source control systems such as Git, SVN, and CVS
- Strong understanding of code refactoring, unit testing, and programming best practices
- Extensive experience with software development in the Windows (Visual Studio) environment
- Strong understanding of the software development process
Further Skills and Experience:
- Familiarity with video compression (MPEG, H.264, HEVC) and audio compression (AC3, MP3) systems is a major plus
- Familiarity with uncompressed audio and video formats such as RGB, YUV and PCM is a major plus
- Experience with performance optimization on the x86/x64 platform
- Experience with computer graphics or graphics authoring systems
- Understanding of software development methods, particularly Agile / SCRUM
- Entertainment/Media industry experience
- Participate in the Agile / SCRUM development process as an individual contributor, sizing work items and completing sprint tasks
- Review pull requests for defects and overall code quality
- Collaborate and communicate effectively with team members
- Conduct technical assessments of project requirements
- Coordinate with customers and colleagues to resolve system issues