One of Merritt Technical Associates is looking for a senior C++ / Linux developer for one of its direct financial clients. The person must have strong server development experience developing and debugging on Linux (required). The candidate will be expected to design, develop and deliver code and fixes into source code control system, work with QA, and product team to handle requirements and expectations and complete delivery of maintenance fixes.
- Deep experience with C++ and Linux.
- Strong understanding of computer architecture – multi-threading, CPU scheduling, memory management.
- Strong Linux application development and debugging experience (gdb, 64 bit app builds, etc.).
- Excellent understanding of networking, socket programming and multicast.
- Good understanding of algorithms and data structures to implement Real-time data feed processing.
- Good knowledge of Linux at a systems level.
- 7+ years of software development experience, with focus on data collection and systems integration.
- Experience developing and deploying large-scale performance-sensitive distributed systems.
- Experience successfully interacting and working with internal customers at multiple levels of responsibility in cross functional environment.
- Able to clearly explain technical issues, justify technical decisions, and write technical specification documents.
- Self-starter with strong work ethic and attention to details.
- Solid verbal and written communication skills.
Familiarity with financial market data feeds is a great plus.
Familiarity with Forex and Fixed Income data is very nice to have.
Perl or Python experience.
Experience with the release process: Package installers, build scripts, Jenkins scripts a plus.
Candidates must be able to interview in person in California. No Skype.