Merritt Technical' s direct financial client is looking for a Senior Developer who is responsible for all phases of the project life-cycle activities, from initial analysis through production support including design, implementation, testing, integration, and maintenance.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Assist technical & product managers in the evaluation of product requirements for software applications.
• Develop detailed specifications.
• Provide accurate and reliable estimates for project tasks
• Application development, customization and integration of work
• Design, code and unit test the applications
• Maintain/modify existing software applications with periodic releases
• Create test plans and test tools; support testing and address on-line bug reports/issues
• Document applications for technical white papers, user guides and operations guide
• Be available after normal working hours to support production problems and deployments
Knowledge and Experience
• C/C++ programming – 3+ yrs. of development on Unix/Linux platforms.
• Experience with Linux/Unix and shell scripting exposure
• Knowledge of Java, Perl, Python a plus
• TCP and Multicast knowledge
• Understanding complex systems and how to debug problems
• Experience with debuggers such as GDB, and memory checkers such as Valgrind
• Experience with Source Control Management (SVN, CVS)
• Experience with unit testing and testing frameworks
• SDLC experience as applicable to current development group processes
• Ability to adhere to group standards
• Teamwork - ability to work as project team member, work effectively with team leads, manager, as well as other groups including QA, Operations, and Product Management Excellent written and verbal skills
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Computer Science or related field
• Experience with MySQL
• Understand market data behavior across multiple asset classes (Equities, options, fixed income, and derivatives).
• Complex High Throughput, Low Latency systems.
114 Saint Johns Road Wilton, CT, 06897Contact