C++ Programmer- Chicago, Illinois
Great opportunity for software engineers! Jettison is representing a company that is immediately hiring strong C++ programmers with backend experience in Chicago, IL. The company is committed to growth and their employees, with the average employee tenure being 7 years! Highly competitive pay, performance bonuses, great benefits and perks aplenty!
The ideal candidate will excel at working with technical and business experts to identify and implement new trading strategies, while also being able to investigate, debug and fix mission critical problems as they occur. This is a hands-on position which will involve full development cycles, from requirements collection to final deployment, and includes ongoing support for internal users.
You will help to create industry-leading systems to implement innovative trading strategies, with equal emphasis on performance, risk-management, and stability.
Teamwork/Autonomy – At times you’ll be expected to collaborate in a team environment. Other times you’ll be given tasks of what’s needed, pointed in the direction required and trusted to get there.
Your Day to Day
- Perform full life cycle development and deployment of C++ applications and libraries for exchange gateways, trading strategy execution, risk management and trade reporting
- Develop systems to maintain, analyze and improve performance, integrity and reliability of existing applications
- Investigate and fix problems with production systems in real-time
- Construct experiments and analyze data to identify ways to improve technical performance and new trading opportunities, ensuring that results are valid and reproducible
- Collaborate with technical and business peers to develop new trading strategies and systems
- Communicate technical knowledge to both technical and non-technical audiences
- 4+ years of experience with backend C/C++ coding, with a solid foundation in data structures
- Experience with SQL database, multi-thread programming, STL & Boost
- Some knowledge of C# & JAVA is a plus
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Skilled at writing clean high-quality code
- Able to provide and receive code review feedback
- Willingness to collaborate and learn from other team members
- Ability to take ownership over projects and be self-directed on what needs to happen next
- Strong communication skills with both engineers and people without a technical background
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering, or equivalent.
- Salary - $100k+, based on experience
- Performance bonus
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life insurance
- Long and short-term disability
- Retirement plans: 401k and Roth 401k
- Profit sharing plan
- Generous vacation days
- Casual dress
- Free, chef staffed kitchen
- Teambuilding activities
- Monthly social events
- Company subsidized gym in building
- C/C++: 2 years (Required)
- SQL: 2 years (Required)
- Java: 2 years (Preferred)
- C#: 2 years (Preferred)
Jettison is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We know that our overall success is a combined effort, and we strive to provide opportunities for our candidates to learn, grow and thrive.