Solidus is searching for a Software Developer with experience in C++.
The successful candidate will join a group that develops weather analysis and forecast capabilities for aviation efficiency and safety. The group seeks to expand a synthetic weather radar capability from US to global coverage for worldwide aviation operations. This position is for a software programmer to assist in developing a software system to provide real-time global synthetic radar mosaics and forecasts.
-Participate on a weather product development team and be responsible for key aspects of the mosaic and forecast system
- Develop algorithms based on prior research and new concepts
- Refine existing algorithms for system needs
- Develop test framework to ensure functionality of system algorithms
- Create supporting documentation for algorithms and software modules
- Assist in installing algorithms on real-time prototype system
-Those authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship are encouraged to apply.ship and the ability to obtain a DoD Security clearance
- MS in computer science or software engineering plus 3 years minimum experience, or BS plus 5 years minimum experience
-Strong understanding of software engineering methodology
- Experience with developing object-oriented software involving large geophysical data sets
- Experience with C/C++ multi-threaded applications in a Linux environment
- Experience working in a team environment and ability to set priorities, and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability to develop and modify code for real-time rapid prototyping and evaluation
- Strong background in mathematics and statistics
- Experience with Python
- Experience generating algorithm documentation
- Good written and oral communication skills
- A background that includes mathematics, statistics, machine learning, physics, and image processing
- Experience with common weather data formats such as grib and netcdf
Applicants selected must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. U.S. Citizenship may be required. Solidus is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-Verify. NOTICE OF AFFIRMATIVE ACTION PLAN FOR INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES, DISABLED VETERANS AND OTHER PROTECTED VETERANS. It is the policy of this Company to seek and employ qualified individuals at all locations and facilities, and to provide equal employment opportunities for all applicants and employees in recruiting, hiring, placement, training, compensation, insurance, benefits, promotion, transfer, and termination. To achieve this, we are dedicated to taking affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities, disabled veterans, and other protected veterans. The objective in adopting the Affirmative Action Programs is to place qualified individuals with disabilities, disabled veterans and other protected veterans in all job classifications. These Affirmative Action Programs are available for inspection by any applicant or employee by contacting the Company's EEO Coordinator, in the Human Resources office, Monday through Friday, 8am to 5pm.