Description Job Description:
Leidos is seeking a C++ Software Developer in Tewksbury MA in support of our Security, Detection and Automation business. Join our multidisciplinary and expert engineering team for an exciting opportunity to work with cutting edge technology on developing state-of-the-art products, and make global impact in airport security detection! As a Software Engineer on our diverse and collaborative team, you will work alongside our expert Scientists and Engineers, contributing to cutting edge technology with global impact on security detection. This isn't your run-of-the-mill software development - you'll be honing your engineering skills with embedded products, real-time programming, and object oriented design, all with the support of a management team focused on your professional growth and advancement.
We are looking for an Object-Oriented C++ developer responsible for developing applications for our distributed turn-key systems. Working under general supervision in a small team environment, your primary responsibility will be to modify, develop, and troubleshoot multi-tiered distributed applications and systems. The duties and responsibilities may change from time to time without notice and include but are not limited to the duties described below.Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable C++ code using good OOP/OOAD techniques for our systems.
- Optimize, identify bottlenecks, bugs, and devise solutions to these problems.
- Help maintain code quality, revision control and organization.
- Analyze customer issues and identify and implement solutions.
- Participate and contribute within a defined software development process.
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science or equivalent, advanced degree is a plus. Additional experience may be considered in lieu of experience
- Minimum 2+ years of relevant experience, including solid experience in C++
- Understanding of fundamental features of OOP/OOAD.
- Good understanding of data structures, algorithms, and software design solutions.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Occasional traveling to customer sites as required.
- QT or other GUI experience.
- Knowledge of multi-threading in C++ applications.
- languages such Python, Java, Shell scripting, etc.
- Knowledge of the standard libraries, STL containers, and algorithms.
- Proficient understanding of code revision tools.
- Familiarity with code analysis tools such as valgrind and gdb.
- Familiarity with distributed systems and network architecture.
- Familiar with SQL (PostgreSQL and plus).
- Some understanding of requirements management.
- Some understanding of software testing, and creation of test plans and procedures.
- Some understanding of multithreaded programming.
- Some working knowledge of Linux operating systems.
Our Tewksbury office is a fast-paced, diverse and collaborative environment, only a short commute from downtown Boston and Nashua. We offer flexible work arrangements and value and support the well-being and mobility of our employees with competitive benefit packages, complementary e-learning training, work-life flexibility, exciting referral programs, and a diverse, inclusive and ethical work place. In fact, in 2021, Leidos was ranked as one of the "World's Most Ethical Companies" by the Ethisphere Institute for the fourth consecutive year.
Driven by our talented workforce, the Security Detection and Automation Operation is the cornerstone of Leidos' comprehensive suite of fully integrated security detection and automation solutions for aviation, ports and borders, and critical infrastructure customers around the world, with more than 24,000 products deployed across 120 countries. Leidos is positioned to address emerging and evolving threats through rapid development of innovative solutions for our global customers.