Solidus is searching for a C++ Software Developer to join a group that assists the Missile Defense Agency and the U.S. military with protecting the country and our forces by developing advanced technologies that enable air and missile defense systems to identify, track, and intercept potential threats.
The Software Developer will join a team of other software developers, system engineers, and algorithm developers who are prototyping advanced optical sensor control and signal processing systems. Software will be developed within a modern, object-oriented, modular open-systems architecture primarily utilizing C++, Linux, and publish-subscribe middleware.
- ship and active DoD Secret Clearance
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent and minimum 5 years experience
- In-depth knowledge of C++ object-oriented programming with several years' experience applying this knowledge to complex software architectures
- Experience with modern software development practices (e.g. spiral development), version control systems, debugging tools, and coordination/collaboration tools
- Experience with software development within a Linux environment, network programming, and parallel programming (multi-threading, synchronization, etc.)
- Proven ability to quickly and effectively learn new technologies and programming languages, adapt to new environments and methodologies, and work outside one's own comfort zone
- Strong teamwork experience and organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills
- Experience developing real-time control systems software for mechanical hardware assemblies
- Experience with other programming/scripting languages such as Java, C, Python, MATLAB, and shell scripting
- Experience with publish-subscribe middleware, distributed systems, GPU computing, and real-time programming
- Familiarity with the architecture of x86-based computer hardware and UNIX-like operating systems
- Familiarity with basic UNIX system and network configuration and administration to the extent that it aids in software development
- Experience with basic data visualization and display toolkits and methodologies
- Familiarity with, or a strong desire to learn about, processing and control of passive and active sensing technologies such as Radars and Infrared sensors
- Desire and ability to participate in field testing which may involve travel
- Experience with the Robot Operating System (ROS) and Gazebo robotics simulation software
Job ID: 4266
Applicants selected must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. U.S. Citizenship may be required. Solidus is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-Verify. NOTICE OF AFFIRMATIVE ACTION PLAN FOR INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES, DISABLED VETERANS AND OTHER PROTECTED VETERANS. It is the policy of this Company to seek and employ qualified individuals at all locations and facilities, and to provide equal employment opportunities for all applicants and employees in recruiting, hiring, placement, training, compensation, insurance, benefits, promotion, transfer, and termination. To achieve this, we are dedicated to taking affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities, disabled veterans, and other protected veterans. The objective in adopting the Affirmative Action Programs is to place qualified individuals with disabilities, disabled veterans and other protected veterans in all job classifications. These Affirmative Action Programs are available for inspection by any applicant or employee by contacting the Company's EEO Coordinator, in the Human Resources office, Monday through Friday, 8am to 5pm.
Please Note: Solidus does not accept applications from agencies, 3rd party vendors, or applications with incomplete information.