Solidus is looking for a C++ Software Engineer to join a team of developers, system engineers, and algorithm developers who are rapidly prototyping advanced sensor control and signal processing systems. The engineer will have a strong C++ object-oriented programming background. Software will be developed within a modern, object-oriented, modular open-systems architecture primarily utilizing C++, Linux, and publish-subscribe middleware. Challenging development activities will directly contribute to the prototyping of advanced Electro-Optical/Infrared control systems and may involve field testing these systems.
- ====ship with ability to obtain Department of Defense Top Secret Security Clearance, Active TS preferred.
- BS plus 1 year minimum relevant experience, Associates Degree plus 3 years minimum relevant experience, or Technical School Certificate plus 3 years minimum relevant experience.
- In-depth knowledge of C++ object-oriented programming with several years' experience applying this knowledge to complex software architectures.
- Software development within a Linux environment, network programming, and parallel programming (multi-threading, synchronization, etc.).
- Modern software development practices (e.g. spiral development), version control systems, debugging tools, and coordination/collaboration tools.
- Familiarity with the architecture of x86-based computer hardware and UNIX-like operating systems.
- Familiarity with basic UNIX system and network configuration and administration to the extent that it aids in software development.
- Experience with processing and control of passive and/or active sensing technologies such as Radar and Infrared sensors.
- Proven ability to quickly and effectively learn new technologies and programming languages, adapt to new environments and methodologies, and work outside one's own comfort zone.
- Strong teamwork experience and organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills.
- Signal processing algorithm development experience for real-time sensor systems.
- Developing distributed systems involving publish-subscribe middleware or equivalent.
- Other programming/scripting languages such as Java, C, Python, MATLAB, and shell scripting.
- GPU computing and real-time programming.
- Data visualization and display toolkits and methodologies.
- Desire and ability to participate in field testing which may involve travel.
Job ID 3685
Applicants selected must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. U.S. Citizenship may be required. Solidus is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-Verify. NOTICE OF AFFIRMATIVE ACTION PLAN FOR INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES, DISABLED VETERANS AND OTHER PROTECTED VETERANS. It is the policy of this Company to seek and employ qualified individuals at all locations and facilities, and to provide equal employment opportunities for all applicants and employees in recruiting, hiring, placement, training, compensation, insurance, benefits, promotion, transfer, and termination. To achieve this, we are dedicated to taking affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities, disabled veterans, and other protected veterans. The objective in adopting the Affirmative Action Programs is to place qualified individuals with disabilities, disabled veterans and other protected veterans in all job classifications. These Affirmative Action Programs are available for inspection by any applicant or employee by contacting the Company's EEO Coordinator, in the Human Resources office, Monday through Friday, 8am to 5pm