Solidus is searching for a C++ Software Engineer to work as an individual or within a team to design, develop, test, maintain and transition software systems for a broad range of security and defense applications.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Support the staff that are developing algorithms for threat detection and decision support and implement and support software for real-time control of hardware from camera to radar systems.
- Transition system architecture to a modern pub/sub information distribution bus
- Enable and support third parties engaged by a sponsor agency to enhance and extend the system
- U.S. Citizen and able to obtain a Security Clearance. Active Secret preferred
- B.S degree in relevant area
- Minimum of at least 5 years of experience in Software/Algorithm Development and Documentation
Minimum 5 years experience in the following:
- JSON, Protobuf, and SQL-Based Databases
- Inter-process Communications (TCP/IP, Thin Communications Layers, Publish/Subscribe Middleware, DDS)
- Networking Applications and Protocols: TCP/IP, DNS, NTP, DHCP, SSH, FTP and HTTP/S
- Backend Programming (SQL)
- C/C++ Programming
- IDE to Java
- Java/J2EE/JEE (JSP, SERVLETS, JDBC, JSTL, SOAP) Development
- Object Oriented Software Design and Development
- XML and SQL
- Maven or Gradle, Git / Gitlab, Make / Autotools
- Full stack developer
- Linux environment
- Good understanding of communication protocols
- Ability to update and debug legacy codebases with minimal supervision
- Ability to rapidly and independently learn new skills as needed
- Software Documentation
- C++11 or later, Stand Template Library, Boost library
- MVC frameworks (Struts, Spring MVC, Play)
- Hardware and Software Integration
Req ID: 4278
Applicants selected must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. U.S. Citizenship may be required. Solidus is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-Verify. NOTICE OF AFFIRMATIVE ACTION PLAN FOR INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES, DISABLED VETERANS AND OTHER PROTECTED VETERANS. It is the policy of this Company to seek and employ qualified individuals at all locations and facilities, and to provide equal employment opportunities for all applicants and employees in recruiting, hiring, placement, training, compensation, insurance, benefits, promotion, transfer, and termination. To achieve this, we are dedicated to taking affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities, disabled veterans, and other protected veterans. The objective in adopting the Affirmative Action Programs is to place qualified individuals with disabilities, disabled veterans and other protected veterans in all job classifications. These Affirmative Action Programs are available for inspection by any applicant or employee by contacting the Company's EEO Coordinator, in the Human Resources office, Monday through Friday, 8am to 5pm.
Please Note: Solidus does not accept applications from agencies, 3rd party vendors, or applications with incomplete information.