C5ISRO Senior Network Engineer
Leidos has a career opportunity for a Senior Network Engineer in Honolulu, HI. Candidates must possess a current TS/SCI security clearance. The individual will be required to conduct hardware/software maintenance on intelligence unit networked and non-networked intelligence systems. The individual will be responsible for the successful resolution of systems or system related problems. This support includes coordinating with the appropriate agencies for resolution. This is an exciting opportunity to support our nation s pivot to the Pacific.
The senior network engineer is responsible for managing Cisco and Brocade network hardware platforms in support of Campus Area network management. The senior network engineer manages and maintains key supporting services Cisco Secure Access Control Systems (ACS), SolarWinds Orion Network Monitoring, and General Dynamics Encryptor Manager (GEMX). Responsibilities include programming Cisco and Brocade Routers, Switches, Switched Fabrics and Load Balancers. The senior network engineer will also support planning for and implementation of IP telephony unified communications solutions, Quality of Service, and HAIPE encryptors, and is responsible for designing and implementing Switched Fabric networks for DataCenter solutions supporting Dell SANs (DR4100, Compellent, EqualLogic) and NetApp storage.
The senior network engineer will also provide technical services to include: project management, network management, and be knowledgeable in systems interoperability, configuration and operational capability and limitations, C4ISR applications integration and optimization, and provide site surveys as required.
- 10+ years of experience in C5ISR related activities and maintaining classified networks
- Bachelor s Degree in Engineering, Computer Science or a related technical field
- TS/SCI Clearance required on day one
- DoD 8570.01 IAT Level II Preferably Security +
- Thorough knowledge of Cisco and Brocade network hardware platforms; experience configuring network devices
- Knowledgeable of supporting services Cisco Secure Access Control Systems (ACS), SolarWinds Orion Network Monitoring, and General Dynamics Encryptor Manager (GEMX)
- Familiar with IP telephony unified communications solutions, Quality of Service, HAIPE encryptors and DoD COMSEC handling procedures
- Must possess excellent written and oral communication skills, be customer service oriented and possess demonstrated analytical, troubleshooting and project management skills.
- Experience designing and implementing Switched Fabric networks for DataCenter solutions supporting Dell SANs (DR4100, Compellent, EqualLogic) and NetApp storage
- Industry certifications such as Microsoft, Cisco, NetApp, and VMware
- Experience with USAF Intelligence related client software operating across a range of environments
- Experience with PowerPoint, Excel, DRA, Active Directory, SharePoint and Visio
- Network knowledge of OSI layers for troubleshooting and installations
- Certifications such as CCNA, CCNA Security, CCNP, CCNP Collaboration or BCNE
- Knowledge of industry recognized configuration models such as CMM and/or ISO
- The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 5 years experience programming Cisco and Brocade Routers, Switches, Switched Fabrics and Load Balancers
- Understanding of the virtualization environment covering disaster recovery, network analysis and fault isolation
- Knowledge of industry recognized configuration models such as CMM and/or ISO and experience and ability to implement Information Security practices in a Department of Defense environment is definitely a plus
External referral eligible
External Referral Bonus:
Potential for Telework:
Clearance Level Required:
Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Network Administration and Ops
Leidos is a Fortune 500 information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com .
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here .
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org .
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.