Client is seeking a CAD Administrator position in our Facilities Management department. This role will be responsible for managing CAD plans by organizing, maintaining, administering, and protecting the CAD plans, drawings, and building specifications. In addition, this role will be responsible for the development of construction documents and the calculation of square footage allocations. This position incorporates skilled drafting methods and procedures with the operation and application of AutoCAD and other related business software. At times, this role may be responsible for managing small building-related Facilities requests, coordinating equipment and software purchases/upgrades, or assisting department staff with the planning and the execution of small to major renovation projects.
- With direction from management and interior design staff, the primary responsibility of the candidate is to manage the department’s AutoCAD drawings by refining, developing, and managing AutoCAD standards and drawing templates, developing clear, complete, and accurate construction and technical (mechanical, electrical, plumbing, etc.) drawings, refining existing AutoCAD plans (architectural and technical plans) by updating as-built conditions, and maintaining square footage documentation.
- The candidate shall be able to develop construction and basic engineering drawings based on schematics provided by the interior designers or engineers.
- In addition, the candidate shall be able to read, interpret, and explain architectural and engineering details and must have working knowledge of drafting fundamentals including, but not limited to, layers, blocks, annotative styles, pen styles, page layouts, plotting, etc.
- In addition to the primary responsibilities, the candidate may occasionally be responsible for the oversight of small design projects with tasks that include design development, budget development, RFP (request for proposal) development, scheduling; contract management, project monitoring, and project close out.
- The candidate will need to collaborate and brainstorm with management and colleagues yet will also often work independently.
- The candidate will need to focus on improving and strengthening processes by continuously evaluating the methods used to accomplish the activities assigned.
- The candidate shall be motivated, demonstrate a strong initiative, and easily adapt to a changing, fast paced environment.
- he candidate shall have the ability to handle a variety of tasks, meet deadlines, and demonstrate an ownership of responsibilities.
- Bachelor’s degree in facilities management/planning, architecture, drafting (with a construction and engineering focus), interior architecture, related business field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- At least one year of experience working with AutoCAD software and drafting design is preferred.
- A strong knowledge, understanding and interpretation of construction documents (architectural, mechanical, electrical, plumbing, fire, security, etc.) is also required, along with the ability and knowledge to field verify and document existing conditions.
- A basic knowledge of computer-based programs, including, but not limited to, AutoCAD, CAFM (Computer-aided Facility Management) software, Adobe, Bluebeam, Microsoft Word, Excel, and Project is desired.
- The candidate must be familiar with the International Building Code (IBC) and a familiarity with the Building Owners & Management Association (BOMA) standards is preferred.
- The candidate must have a high level of initiative, the ability to collaborate with peers and management, and the ability to multitask and use time efficiently to meet project deadlines.
- Strong analytical, trouble shooting, problem solving, and decision making skills are required, in addition to effective, clear and concise oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent customer service skills are desired.