Top Secret Clearance Required
CAD Drafters create detailed schematics that are utilized in the manufacturing of products and the construction of buildings. These detailed technological drawings incorporate the input of engineers, architects, and surveyors and can specify dimensions, codes, materials, and production methods.
Duties of CAD Drafters
- Draft and prepare layout drawings of the given structures, components and devices.
- Produce draft designs and diagrams according to the given specifications.
- Assist and coordinate with designers and engineers.
- Prepare drawings for sheet metal components.
- Prepare drawings and diagrams for electrical devices and installations.
- Calculate dimensions and allowances with accurate precision.
- Collaborate with designers, constructors and engineers on projects.
- Compile data and specifications sheets.
- Revise drawings and layouts to accommodate changes and enhancements.
- Accommodate safety procedures and issues in installation and construction drawings.