Professionally Stretched. Continual Certifications. Competitive Salaries. Working Amongst the Brightest Minds. Enterprise Level Projects. Shared Warrior Spirit. Sticky. Just a few phrases that our talented employees are saying about GDT.
GDT is looking to add a rock star Senior Cisco Project Manager to our PMO team and you can learn what the hype is about. As a Senior Project Manager, you will be challenged to manage multiple complex Infrastructure / Networking projects in a variety of environments each with their own set of challenges such as scope creep, resource /budget constraints, material delays. The successful Sr. PM at GDT will believe in total ownership of projects, be considered an advanced tactical leader, and Deliver Exceptional . You will have the opportunity to collaborate with the brightest minds in the industry (as part of the wolf pack), while working independently (lone-wolf) on certain tasks.
What you will do:
- Daily project management (specific to Cisco Technologies to include Route / Switch, Service Provider, Data Center, etc.) throughout the project life cycle;
- Strategic planning and sales cycle engagement;
- Planning the project and monitoring the progress;
- Managing the project's budget;
- Managing risks and issues and taking corrective measurements;
- Identifying issues and managing change to control costs, schedule, and quality;
- Managing and utilizing resources across project(s);
- Managing stakeholders communication;
- Validating the deliverables of the project;
- Spearheading lessons learned.
The must haves for this role:
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in successfully managing large / complex projects specific to Cisco Technologies.
- Working experience in a VAR is strongly preferred.
- Prior experience with the total ownership approach - for planning, managing, monitoring, controlling and closing projects.
- Excellent knowledge and handling of project management methodology and
- Excellent understanding of the project types to delegate work duties;
- Ability to work positively with the wide range of individuals involved in in the
- Strong leadership and management skills with the ability to train, coach and mentor;
- Ability to make good, timely decisions;
- Enforces effective change control;
- Understand and use appropriate methods of communication;
- Excellent knowledge of budgeting, financial and resource allocation procedures;
- The ability to find innovative ways to resolve problems and manage conflict.
- PMP certification and/or PMI training is highly preferred.
- Meticulous / Detailed In our case, being OCD works for you here at GDT
We are GDT. We are the 6th largest Cisco VAR in North America. We pride ourselves in hiring the brightest minds who thrive in an autonomous environment. Our talented employees all share key characteristics:
- Warrior Spirit accepts, tackles, conquers challenges, thrives in an autonomous environment, be a leader while accepting leadership
- Thought Leaders Out of the box mentality and approaches, total cost of ownership on each and every project, continual drive to pave the way to the cutting edge
- Highly consultative skills engage with your peers, but also just as comfortable engaging with your client on project status and best practices.
GDT is a great place to work, and we have the plaques to prove it Our culture fosters ideas that drive innovations and new technologies to improve on the customer experience. You will be part of the solution, and by that, we mean that you will have shared responsibility and ownership resulting in shared recognition and reward.