ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Performs procedures necessary for the secure operation, reliability and integrity of any data provided to our facilities or vendors across multiple Revenue and Clinical applications. Includes development, implementation, standardized coding documentation, appropriate testing techniques, structured troubleshooting techniques and quality assurance processes.
2. Adheres to company policies and procedures in regard to data transmissions, development or maintenance requests.
3. Develops guidelines, processes, and infrastructure to accommodate user data needs with the user community and Clinical application teams. Ensures the user community understands the necessary procedures to maintain best practices for delivering requested data needs.
4. Conducts routine code auditing and evaluations as requested and provide management with appropriate assessments and recommendations. Ensures code is scalable, exceeding performance requirements.
5. Responsible for data extraction of information from various information systems.
6. Analyzes and solves complex system problems. Prioritizes, manages and implements complex projects.
7. Produces and develops system reports.
8. Designs, develops, modifies, debugs, and evaluates programs. Recommends design enhancements that elevate functionality and efficiencies.
9. Recommends changes in development, maintenance, and system standards.
10. Responsible for ongoing production support , including participation in technology upgrades.
11. Responsible for quality control, testing, and troubleshooting during the implementation of new functionality and production support of existing solutions.
12. Responsible for preparing comprehensive documentation for work performed in accordance with Information.
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field required or equivalent experience.
EXPERIENCE / TRAINING:
A minimum of 5 Years Healthcare IT and Cerner experience required.
LICENSES / CERTIFICATIONS:
ITIL v3 Foundations preferred.
DEPARTMENT / UNIT-SPECIFIC SKILLS:
Expert knowledge of Cerner Data Model
Excellent troubleshooting and problem solving skills
Expert Knowledge of CCL and Discern Rules
Expert Knowledge of Discern Analytics
Cerner CCL / SQL Reporting writing tools, Unix/AIX commands, T-SQL skills preferred
Knowledge of regulatory programs and standards appropriate to Healthcare information systems and Integration.
Plus: Clinical background with nursing applications