As a member of RAINN's technology team, you will apply your logic, research/analysis, and content development skills to build conversational experiences powered by AI that will assist thousands of RAINN.org visitors each month.
Working with members of the National Sexual Assault Hotline team, including the Affiliate & Resources Manager, you will create positive visitor experiences by:
- Learning about resources available to visitors.
- Developing chatbot conversation flows to improve access to aforementioned resources.
- Integrating your solutions with RAINN's website and hotline applications using available APIs.
- Continually analyzing interactions to identify gaps and refining content through UX experiments, user feedback, and analysis of performance metrics.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and or ability required:
- Associate's degree in IT, computer science, or equivalent work experience.
- 1+ years of conversational interface development using a commercial AI/NLP platform.
- 1+ year of developing content using HTML and CSS.
- 1+ year of experience consuming or writing APIs in any programming language.
- Experience writing functional tests.
- Ability to work well under pressure and maintain composure during stressful situations; ability to handle shifting and multiple priorities.
- Quick and self-motivated learner.
- Can solve problems using own critical thinking skills, with emphasis on innovation.
- Ability to work independently and proactively manage schedule and workload to meet and set deadlines.
- Ability to solve problems and deal with a wide range of situations.
- Must pass a background check administered by RAINN.
The following physical activities are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions and expectations:
- The person in this position needs to regularly move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office equipment, etc.
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position 80% of the time.
- Must be able to operate a computer and other office productivity machinery (e.g., copier, fax machine).
- Must have vision correctable to a level where an individual can operate a computer; visualize text on a computer monitor
There are no harmful environmental conditions that are present for this position. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
When you work for RAINN, you're joining a team of experts and professionals who stand up for survivors of sexual violence every day. Your job is important -- and so are you. RAINN will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, gender identity, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status. RAINN is committed to maximizing the diversity of its organization and depends on a diverse staff to carry out its mission, and encourage all qualified applicants to apply.