At DISH Wireless, we reimagine connectivity through new platforms, new business models and new ways of thinking.
Today, we are building America's first cloud-native 5G network to transform the way we live, work and play with unlimited potential. Our teams operate at the intersection of wireless, data analytics, AI and the cloud to create something state-of-the-art, radically original and truly unlike what anyone else can.What you will be doing
DISH Wireless is seeking a CI/CD DevOps Engineer II to build and manage the automation process for the continuous delivery (CI), continuous delivery (CD), and continuous validation (CV) of the 5G Network functions. This person would work closely with network functions ISVs, testers, and DISH's engineering & operations teams to integrate, test, and deploy the artifacts necessary to realize zero-touch operations of DISH's 5G network.
Day-to-day job responsibilities:
- Design, develop and maintain features and functionalities of DISH 5G Network CI/CD pipelines
- Configure and manage the tools necessary to successfully deploy new features into the 5G network
- Create the necessary feedback loops to communicate the status of the pipeline to the stakeholders
- Configure and maintain the Git Repo, Docker registry, CI tool, configuration and deployment tools
- 5. Learn, evaluate and implement new technologies to further our quality and delivery capabilities
- Work in a Scrum team to add functionalities to the CI/CD process
- Work within an Agile development framework to deliver high-quality software
- Create process to analyze logs as a way to determine the health of the feature deployment
- Design and develop state-of-the-art approaches to solving complex quality issues
- Communicate clearly with Product Owners, Developers and management to establish understanding of issues to address and proposed solutions
#LI-RO2 #DICE_RO Skills and experience
The successful CI/CD DevOps Engineer II will have:
- The ideal candidate has 2-4 years of experience in a related role with mid- to large-sized companies and has demonstrated the following:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or a related technical degree
- At least 2 years of experience using Cloud technologies such as AWS, VMC, Google Cloud Platform, and/or Azure
- At least 2 years of experience using CI/CD and DevOps tools such as Java, Java Script, Python, Grafana, Gitlab, GitLab-CI, Jira, Kubernetes, Docker, Ansible, Splunk
- Experience deploying Cloud Native Applications, building and managing microservices, and creating tools to monitor real time metrics in the pipeline
- Experience deploying Docker containers in multiple Kubernetes clusters using deployment strategies such as Blue/Green, Canary, Rolling
- Experience building pipelines as code using YAML specs
- Experience using Jira, Confluence, or similar bug tracking and documentation tools
- Demonstrated ability to identify, troubleshoot, diagnose and fully define problems
Compensation: $74,520.00/Year - $116,955.00/Year
From versatile health perks to new career opportunities, check out our benefits on our careers website.
Candidates need to successfully complete a pre-employment screen, which may include a drug test.