Description Job Description:
Why wake up every day and want more when YOU CAN HAVE IT? Do you love KNOWING at the end of each day that your work made a difference? Have you ever wondered what it would be like to work with one of the BEST in government contracting? Ranked by Forbes in 2018 as a Top 100 government contractor and one of the World's Most Ethical Companies, Team Leidos is one you don't want to overlook.
Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people, and our community. We embrace and solve some of the world's toughest challenges. We're focused on ensuring our intelligence customers have the right tools, technologies, and tactics to keep pace with an ever-evolving threat landscape and succeed in their mission to protect people and critical assets around the world. Who wouldn't be fulfilled being part of that every day? We know once you join Team Leidos, you are sure to go home at the end of every day knowing YOU MADE A DIFFERENCE, resulting in one of the most REWARDING careers you could have imagined. WE WANT YOU!!
We are seeking qualified candidates for a Configuration Management COTS Integrator to support a government customer in Alexandria, VA. In this position, you will assist the ITEMS UFS Release and Deployment/Configuration Management team to configure and maintain the tool suite for the program to successfully maintain the system baselines. This tool suite will coordinate hardware and software changes into operational environments while helping teams improve CM and Test rigor. The ITEMS UFS program is an Information Service Provider (ISP) contract that delivers and maintains user facing (IT) devices, worldwide, including: workstations and desktop software (thick images and virtual desktops) across many teams and baselines; printers, plotters, telephones, conference room audio-visual equipment, personal IT devices, etc. and related configuration and maintenance documentation. This hands-on role requires attention to detail, with very good organization skills and ability to pivot between highly visible customer priorities: a combination of inflexible and shifting deadlines. This position is part of a good-natured team who is motivated to take their teamwork and process maturity to the next level. This role provides excellent visibility of the hardware/software change management and must work across the program and interfacing organizations. This role provides opportunity to analyze cross-team requirements, workflows and tools, socialize trade-offs and build consensus, then drive improvements. Your ideas, suggestions and concerns will be welcomed.
Key responsibilities include:
- Coordinating with stakeholders (across programs and teams) to develop needed engineering solutions
- Defining requirements for the tools through CM processes and test workflows to ensure process compliance and service continuity
- Recommend ways to reduce risk or accelerate delivery timelines
- Ensure repeatable processes and current documentation
- Responsible for the full life cycle development of the chosen products for program tools for the RDM team
- Guide tool and process changes into operational environments, across operational organizations
- Work to understand and use program and customer CM tools, especially Service+
- Streamline test and configuration management work flows, collaborating with service delivery managers
- Maintain tool documentation and create CONOPS
- Assess workflows and environments, driving efficiencies and environment consolidations
- Help teams assess software CM controls and drive needed actions to improve posture and consistency
- Create metrics and drive efficiencies
- Drive problems to closure, engaging needed stakeholders to reach solutions
- Oversees and monitors work that impacts tools, ensuring repeatable processes and on-time deliveries
- The candidate will be expected to develop and maintain applicable scripts, supporting tools automation and integration requirements.
- Requires Bachelors Degree and 8 - 12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters Degree with 6 - 10 years of prior relevant experience. May possess a Doctorate in technical domain.
- TS/SCI Level Security Clearance is a HARD REQUIREMENT to be considered
- Supports complex problems: Develops technical solutions that require collaboration with experts, deep analyses and understanding of impact on end-product/solution
- Analyze cross-functional problem sets, and identifies root causes
- Works individually, actively participates on integrated teams, and leads multiple tasks or projects.
- Experience with COTS Integration, Requirements definition, COTS Design
- Strong communication skills required
- Ability to effectively manage stakeholders, customer engagement, program management leadership, vendors, as well as external program POCs
- Experience using and administering tools like Git, SVN, Nexus, Maven, or Chef is helpful
External Referral Bonus: Eligible Potential for Telework:
No Clearance Level Required:
Top Secret/SCI Travel:
No Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Day Requisition Category:
Professional Job Family:
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.