ClientSolv Technologies is an IT solution firm with over a decade of experience serving Fortune 1000 companies, public sector and small to medium sized companies. ClientSolv Technologies is a woman-owned and operated company that is certified as a WMBE, 8a firm by the Federal government's Small Business Administration.
We are seeking an AS400 COBOL Analyst for a contract-to-hire opportunity in Allen, TX or Seattle, WA. In this role you will be a prime administrator and operator of all the specific applications that are used in IT for Billing, Finance, and ERP. The engineer is expected to be on a 24/7 on call rotation along with the other members of the team as to ensure 5-9 s (99.999%) up-time for any and all applications. The engineer needs to be extremely knowledgeable about the inner workings of all the applications they are prime, as well as communicating that knowledge to the other team members of the applications team. The candidate is expected to communicate closely with the development teams as well as the server admins to ensure that applications are functional, usable, and reliable for use by the entire company.
- Maintain and operate applications that are classified as Billing, Financial and ERP applications
- Communicate issues to vendors for out of the box applications and form a functional plan on implementing fixes and troubleshooting the application
- Document and inventory the status quo of integrated applications including external system calls of applications
- Become a subject matter expert (SME) on Billing, Financial and ERP applications
- Write how to documentation for operating and administering applications
- Ensure that security requirements on all Unix / Linux servers are being adhered to
- Communicate changes and recommendations to improve efficiency in applications and systems
- Create MOPs and execute changes within the production environments
- Identify dependencies between applications and OS level packages as well as troubleshoot problems with those interconnections
- Work with cross functional groups and organizations to develop tools and solutions from use cases and requirement documents
- Performs other duties as required to support the business and evolving organization
- Mentor and train lower tier engineers to increase their technical ability and experience
- At least 3+ years of engineering and application experience working with development teams and system admin teams
- At least 3+ years working in a large, geographically distributed server architecture
- At least 3+ years of experience working with development teams for functional requirements on distributed server systems running internally developed applications
- At least 3+ years of experience working for large telecommunications companies
- At least 3+ years of networking experience with focus on server interconnections
- Bachelor s degree in computer science or similar field
- Ability to travel up to 50% at times
- Ability to be on call in a 24/7 server environment
- Experience in doing large scale software upgrades and versioning changes across multiple servers
- Experience running applications for one or more of the following applications:
- Infinium, Netsuite, HRS systems, CABS (Carrier Access Billing Systems), Globys,
- middleware solutions like Tibco, and Mulesoft
- Database technologies Mongo DB, Cassandra DB, Oracle databases, and SQL.
- Data warehouse knowledge, along with Enterprise Reporting systems like Tableau, Spotfire, etc.
- Other technologies, Syslog, Apache, Tomcat, Perl, HTML 5 including development languages for AS400 applications (COBAL, RPG, Java), or experience with DPI.