For the COMPLETE Job Posting and Application, access our website by clicking on the 'Apply' link above and search for the following Job Number 19000430.
We're Looking for You
Are you eager to experience evolving technology with the Navy mission? Are you a motivated individual looking to work in a progressive environment? If the answer is "YES", we are looking for you to join the Navy Exchange Service Command (NEXCOM) as a Computer Specialist (Field Support Technician) in National City, California!
What We Offer You
We offer a comprehensive benefits program and the value of these benefits is approximately 35 to 40% of your annual salary.
- Paid Leave (Annual and Sick)
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Retirement Plan
- Pension Plan
- 401(k) Plan
View our benefits at https://www.mynavyexchange.com/nex/work-for-us/benefits
A Day In The Life
- Provides Information Technology (IT) services and support to Navy Exchanges, Navy Lodges, NEX Distribution Centers/warehouses, and district offices in a region and other activities outside the region, as assigned.
- Responsible for: technical and logistical support; user services, and maintenance of telecommunication, network, Point of Sale, RF, and Desktop computing equipment, as well as dumb terminals, printers/multifuntion devices and other related peripheral equipment.
- Performs capacity planning and analysis for new and currently installed networks.
- Installs and modifies network hardware/software and desktop computing hardware and software as required.
- Implements new networks from design through post installation stages including cable plants, installation, and testing.
- Performs troubleshooting and repair of down or malfunctioning networks and equipment.
- Assists in performing ongoing optimization of networks and desktop computing systems in the region.
- Assists in minor computer operations maintenance and troubleshooting for Distribution Center mainframe, and provides support for Distribution Center conveyor equipment.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
GENERAL EXPERIENCE: Three years experience in IT technical work which demonstrated the ability and aptitudes required to perform technical, or analytical work and coordination involving networking, LAN systems, Point of Sale Systems, RF communications/networking, Desktop/Laptop support, printer repair, and management information systems.
OR SUBSTITUTION OF EDUCATION FOR EXPERIENCE: One year of related academic study above the high school level may be substituted for 9 months of experience up to a maximum of a 4 year bachelor's degree in business/information system discipline for 3 years of general experience.
AND SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: Two years of progressive experience in the following:
- Technical support experience in one or more of the following areas O/S (i.e., UNIX, Windows XP, NT/W2K, DOS, Linux, O/S 400 etc) database (Oracle, SQL Server, Dbase, Access, etc.) Point-of-Sale, electronic Messaging, desktop/laptop, printers, Applications, (Retail, Financial, Distribution/Logistics and Human Resources), Wide Area Networking (design, implementation, troubleshooting, supporting), RF networking, Local Area Network support
- Working at a Help Desk or in a system support position
- Utilizing automated tools for tracking, monitoring support activities
- Analyzing support activities through use of automated tools to identify trends in problems, resolutions, metrics
*Required Certifications noted on our website.
APPLY NOW! Discover Our Mission and Let Your Journey Begin!