CORE JAVA Developer- No third parties please!!
Location: CHICAGO, IL
Duration: 18-24 Months
Java Developer Consultant for Performance Engineering team develops secure, scalable, reliable technology solutions and contributes to performance engineering of trading and clearing systems handling billions of transactions with low latency requirements.
- Design and code application modules independently adhering to the best practices and write unit tests and enhance ATDD frameworks meeting the stipulated CI/CD requirements.
- Participates and contributes in architectural and code review discussions and ensures optimal design and coding standards are followed.
- Proactively reviews code to identify defects in early stages of development and resolve
- defects and propose optimal solutions at code and system level.
- Meet and comply with the DevOps and Global information Security guidelines in developing
- and deploying applications to different environments.
- Perform system level testing and manage environments using DevOps tools.
- Resolve performance related issues on trading and clearing systems by applying performance
- engineering techniques.
- Manage individual and team projects priorities, deadlines and escalate risks or bottlenecks in a timely manner in an AGILE setting.
- Work on business projects.
- This includes liaising with the existing team as well as other teams in understanding the requirements, researching/POC of ideas, hardening design as well as implementing and testing the solution.
- Provide necessary development support for code deployments to QA & higher environments
- Maintain the status of all user stories in the Jira project and update all relevant documentation in the confluence site.
- l 5+ years of experience in java software development preferably in a financial industry.
- Bachelors or Masters degree in Computer Science or engineering or any related discipline.
- Excellent java programming language experience with in depth understanding of concurrent
- programming, lock-free algorithms, JIT compilation/JVM internals, NIO, off-heap memory
- management and code-path optimizations
- Experience designing high throughput, high availability and fault tolerant applications
- preferably worked on an ultra low latency, high throughput, distributed systems.
- Advanced knowledge of Linux kernel/OS internals
- Low-latency messaging, network protocols, network I/O in Java
- Hardware stack and hardware architecture from a latency perspective.
- Performance tuning/optimization of systems/software.
- Strong analytical ability and experience providing creative optimal solutions to complex
- Experience working in message oriented architectures preferably using Tibco
- Proficiency in bash shell/python scripting on Unix/Linux based environments.
- Good knowledgeable in front end frameworks like Spring MVC, GWT
- Knowledgeable in SQL, NO SQL Mongo DB and database modeling.
- Experience/knowledge in DevOps/CI/CD tools like Chef, Bamboo, Git, Stash, Jenkins and
- AWS will be a plus
- Intermediate knowledge in performance engineering and capacity management techniques
- with good understanding of statistics.
- Knowledgeable in performance monitoring / management tools preferably AppDynamics, Corvil and Splunk.
- Effectively communicate complex problems in a simplified manner.