SENIOR COGNOS CONTROLLER
Ft Worth, Texas and must be an excellent communicator.
short term project on this one.
Need a Cognos Controller too –
The candidate we are looking for would don various roles ranging from requirement gathering, creating technical specifications, developing and implementing Cognos solutions across the enterprise, client training and project management.
- The candidate needs to be a self starter with ability to design, develop and implement a wide range of Cognos solutions.
- Involved in entire project lifecycle from evaluation, installation and development of end user reports.
- Familiarity with complete migration process from Cognos Series 7 to Cognos 8.X
- Familiarity with Cognos Controller implementations and administration
- Resolve development and support issues of moderate/high complexity or risk.
- Create stored procedures and queries for reporting using Oracle, and/or UDB and Microsoft T-SQL.
- Work independently or as part of a team with business users, analysts and data warehouse architects toward the design and development of optimal BI solutions.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- 3 - 5 years experience implementing enterprise-scale reporting systems using COGNOS suite of BI tools, MS Reporting, Crystal Reports, Business Objects, Micro strategy, etc.
- Review functional requirements and technical specifications and document them as needed.
- Expertise with Cognos Series 8, Framework Manager modeling, Report Studio, Query Studio, Analysis Studio.
- Create and publish packages/multidimensional models using Framework Manager from multiple data sources.
- Perform data modeling and query tuning in FM and RS to achieve maximum performance while retrieving data from multiple data sources.
- Develop complex Report Studio reports involving drill up, drill down and master/detail queries.
- Create Scorecard as well as Dashboard reports for the company executives.
- Use Cognos Connection to schedule and burst reports across the Business segments based on the security settings.
- Experience with Metric Studio, Event Studio to develop KPI’s for executives.
- Create/Modify cubes using Transformer from Series 7 and 8 from multiple data sources and publish them on to the Cognos Portal
- Administer Cognos 8 security using LDAP/AD/Access Manager and monitor the overall performance.
- Migrate reports/cubes from Cognos Series 7 to Cognos BI 8.x
- Provide production support and train end users in Cognos Series 7 and Cognos 8
- Strong database understanding, SQL optimization skills and OLAP tools. (preferred)
- Understanding of business processes
- Willing to travel up to 75%.
- Cognos BI Certification
- Cognos 8 migration and development experience
- 1-2 year Cognos Controller experience
- Cognos Controller Certification
Account Manager & Recruitment Executive