Manages the activities of several Technology Managers and or Team Leaders. Responsible for the budget of cost center(s) spanning concurrent development streams. Provides long and short-term strategic direction for the functional team for multiple applications and/or cost centers. Serves as primary contact to the Technology leadership team and business partners. Oversees development and career planning for all team members.
- Manage and participate in consults with client management in the analysis of short and long-range business requirements and recommend innovations that anticipate future impact of changing business requirements. Responsible for building a positive client relationship.
- Monitor the technology direction of the industry and vendor applications.
- Research and initiate change to the status quo when necessary. Responsible for vendor and product analysis and recommendations.
- Build rapport within the organization. Communicate and develop a professional level of communication and cooperation. Maintain relationships with vendors and professional organizations.
- Oversee multiple application development, support testing efforts, technology infrastructure/project management and/or other technology domains. Organize and control activities of the teams, assign personnel to various projects and direct their activities. Ensure completion of schedules. Responsible for short and long-term staffing planning. Coordinate activities with other managers as required.
- Implement technology consistent with Division standards and long-range plans. Ensure adherence to all Department and Technology standards and procedures, including all documentation requirements.
- Oversee recommended designs based on business and technology requirements. Manage escalated issues and concerns. Remain current on activities outside the team that may impact the team or client environment.
- Develop and manage multiple cost center budgets. Recommend and initiate new policies and procedures that improve the performance and effectiveness of the Department.
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of the business environment and needs within the area of responsibility. Understand technical, business and operational impacts of a project or problem.
- Responsible for the job growth and career development of staff members by providing training plans, guidance and sharing knowledge.
- Exercise usual authority of a manager concerning staffing, performance appraisals, promotions, salary recommendations, performance management and terminations.
- Understand and adhere to the Company s risk and regulatory standards, policies and controls in accordance with the Company s Risk Appetite. Design, implement, maintain and enhance internal controls to mitigate risk on an ongoing basis. Identify risk-related issues needing escalation to management.
- Promote an environment that supports diversity and reflects the M&T Bank brand.
- Maintain M&T internal control standards, including timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators as applicable.
- Complete other related duties as assigned.
Education and Experience Required:
Minimum of Associates degree and with 9 years technology or systems management/leadership experience, or in lieu of a degree, a combined minimum of 11 years higher education and/or work experience, including a minimum of 9 years technology or systems management/leadership experience
Proficiency with pertinent project management, word processing and spreadsheet applications
Capable of working on multiple projects of a complex nature
Experience on large system enhancements, conversions, and production problem resolution
Complete understanding of the system development life cycle
Excellent problem-solving skills to assist in issue resolution
Familiar with application development software and hardware platforms
Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Excellent analytical skills
Excellent decision-making skills
Experience encouraging team work and serving as role model when leading and directing others
Understanding of technical, business and operational impacts of a project or problem
Confidence in leading multiple teams often in different geographic locations and time zones
Experience on large system enhancements, conversions and production problem resolution
Prior experience presenting to senior management
Education and Experience Preferred:
Bachelor s degree
Minimum of 12 years technology management or large program leadership experience
Extensive application, product knowledge experience with skills, application(s) and function of the technology area being led
Subject Matter Expert understanding of applications supported with an advanced knowledge of interfacing/integrated applications
Understanding of multiple business area s functions
Proven mentoring and leadership capabilities from a project management perspective
Experience with skills, application(s) and functions of the technology area
Good understanding of the Bank s application framework
Aware of the Bank s business plan and strategic objectives with ability to shape direction
Mastered knowledge and focus of the entire system and support projects outside of normal business-as-usual (BAU)
Self-motivated and able to motivate others
Wilmington, Delaware, United States of America