Sling TV L.L.C. provides an over-the-top (internet delivered) television experience on TVs, tablets, gaming consoles, computers, smartphones, smart TVs and other streaming devices. Distributed across a variety of strategic device partners, including Google, Amazon, Apple TV, Microsoft, Roku, Samsung, LG, Comcast, and many others, Sling TV offers two primary domestic streaming services that collectively include more than 100 channels of top content. Featured programmers include Disney/ESPN, NBC, AMC, A&E, EPIX, NFL Network, NBA TV, NHL Networks, Pac-12 Networks, Hallmark, Viacom, and more. For Spanish-speaking customers, Sling Latino offers a suite of standalone and extra Spanish-programming packages tailored to the U S. Hispanic market. And for those seeking International content, Sling International currently provides more than 300 channels in 20 languages (available across multiple devices) to U.S. households.
Sling TV is the #1 Live TV Streaming Service
Sling TV is a next-generation service that meets the entertainment needs of today's contemporary viewers. Visit www.Sling.com. We are driven by curiosity, pride, adventure, and a desire to win - it's in our DNA. We're looking for people with boundless energy, intelligence, and an overwhelming need to achieve to join our team as we embark on the next chapter of our story.
Opportunity is here. We are Sling.
We are looking for an entry level System Engineer who is anxious to get started in Technology. As part of this 24/7 Team you will be tasked to help Monitor and Restore/Fix the SlingTV service systems and work with our Production Operations team to make sure our customers have a consistent positive experience. This is a great way to work with some cool technology, great engineers and with lots of opportunity to grow your career and technical knowledge. Primary responsibilities:
- Monitoring for and reacting to alert notifications, escalating as needed to various other groups, and providing timely communications during incidents to interested parties
- Track work within our incident management ticketing system (Jira)
- Perform maintenance, troubleshooting to help resolve issues on various servers/backend systems
- Willingness to work graveyard and swing shifts including weekends
- Help evaluate existing processes and help implement change for better efficiency
#LI-SLING2 A successful candidate will have the following:
- Bachelor's Degree from four-year college or university; or two years related experience and/or training; and one plus years of experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience in Linux and Unix systems
- Command Line/Terminal experience
- Experience with monitoring systems, incident management ticketing systems (Jira), systems troubleshooting and problem isolation
- Self driven and demonstrate the initiative to quickly resolve/alert issues
- Ability to effectively communicate with technical and non-technical users
Compensation: $55,800.00/Yr. - $88,150.00/Yr.
From versatile health perks to new career opportunities, check out our benefits on our careers website.
Employment is contingent on Successful completion of a pre-employment screen, which may include a drug test.