When you join New York Life, you're joining a company that values development, career growth, collaboration, innovation, and diversity & inclusion. We want employees to feel proud about being part of a company that is committed to doing the right thing. Through various resources and programs, you can grow your career while developing personally and professionally.
CVP, Application Development is responsible for the overall management of technology solutions consisting of multiple work streams and/or projects that support the achievement of business objectives. This person is accountable for delivering end-to-end technology solutions, in line with strategic business objectives and priorities and provides technical insight, oversight, strategic context, direction and leadership to the teams involved. The incumbent will oversee project execution, resource management and overall coordination efforts to ensure projects are delivered appropriately and to budget with quality outcomes. Partnering closely with the business, project management and technology teams, the person ensures business needs are clearly understood and the technology implemented meets the needs and expectations of the business.
Duties / Responsibilities:
- Accountable for delivering end-to-end technology solutions, in line with strategic business objectives and priorities.
- Provide technical insight, oversight, strategic context, direction, and leadership to the teams involved.
- Oversee project execution, resource deployment, solution analysis and overall coordination efforts to ensure projects are delivered and to budget with quality outcomes across 7 application development teams.
- Directs the long-range application development planning in alignment with the overarching governance processes.
- Oversees the solution design, analysis and business requirements processes and practices across technology solutions.
- Works with business, project management and technology teams to ensure business needs are clearly understood and the technology implemented meets the needs and expectations of the business.
- Applies technical thought leadership in service of delivering technology solutions.
- Ensure applications are supportable, achieve business objectives and anticipated benefits, are in line with reference architecture and meet security/availability/disaster recovery standards.
- Accountable to the business and IT leadership for successful solution design and delivery.
- Establish and maintain IT leadership and business partnerships. This position requires an ability to build strong relationships with individuals across the organization.
- Influence prioritization to better align with the development and implementation of enhancements and/or change requests by fostering collaboration with the business.
- Work with business partners to adhere to and meet the requirements of governance processes.
- Directs the preparation of consultant and training budgets and control of expenditures.
- Reinforces and evolves development, solution analysis and quality standards of application development practices.
- Ensures that necessary standards, methodology and procedures are put in place to support environments.
- Establishes and directs research efforts to lower operating costs and ensure effective use of development, testing and planning tools to improve productivity.
- Position team to communicate with business in business terms rather than technical terms; Increase teams business acumen.
- Expected traits of this leadership role include Accountability, Adaptability, Relationship Building, Highly Communicative, Decisiveness, Empowering & Influencing Others.
- Develop and administer plans for staff training, cross training and counseling/coaching.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
- 7+ years of experience in leading Application development
- Experience managing multiple application development and QA teams
- 5+ years working with blended onshore/offshore development and QA teams using various models
- Experience designing and implementing Financial services applications
- Experience with security and privacy standards
- Strong leadership, communication, listening and influencing skills
- Experience working with agile methods, dev ops practices, process improvements and measuring success. (Familiar with SAFe Principles)
- Strategic view of Workflow/ Governance (quality and agile methodologies to streamline operations)
- Experience building strategic partnerships with key stakeholders, business, corporate partners and vendors
- Proficient in software project and technical management including leading analysis, design, implementation, testing, and support for user applications in an iterative development environment
- Experience in implementing quality guidelines, standards and procedures.
- Experience in evolving and implementing application development practices and procedures
- Strong knowledge of professional services vendors, and outsourcing business models and tools
- Passion to lead successful team efforts and projects exceeding expectations
- Project management disciplines - task planning, financial planning, and issue management
- In depth knowledge of technology with the experience and skills to manage and direct a diverse area of responsibility within the applications development, quality assurance, and system analysis domains
Recognized as one of Fortune's World's Most Admired Companies, New York Life is committed to improving local communities through a culture of employee giving and volunteerism, supported by our Foundation . We invite you to bring your talents to New York Life, so we can continue to help families and businesses "Be Good At Life." To learn more, please visit LinkedIn , our Newsroom and the Careers page of www.NewYorkLife.com .
Job Requisition ID: 83980