Secure our Nation, Ignite your Future
ManTech is a leading provider of cloud managed services, agile software development, DevOps, systems engineering, and IT service management. Wework collaboratively with multiple Department of Homeland Security (DHS) and Federal Civilian agencies to solve their biggest challenges through a commitment to delivering innovation, agility, and maximum value. The ManTech Team is empowered to think outside of the box and provide innovative solutions to our customers, as well as measurable cost savings.We are searching for clearable candidates to support our DHS U.S. Citizenship & Immigration Services (USCIS) customer in the Williston/South Burlington, VT and Washington DC/Bethesda, MD areas. ManTech is searching for dedicated, full-time employees to support our current contract: Support for Platform Engineering & DevOps Integration (SPEDI). ManTech provides a full employment benefits package, which also includes health insurance; 401(k) matching; free Bachelor's and/or Master's degree programs in Cyber Security, Data Analytics, and Cloud Computing & Enterprise IT; free training and certifications through a partnership with Skillsoft; corporate programs that promote continued learning and career progression.
ManTech is seeking a Cable Installer to join our Architecture & Engineering Services (AES) contract, in support of U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS), Office of Information Technology (OIT), Engineering Infrastructure Division (EID).
The AES Program isworking to create one high performing team made up multiple smaller high performing teams. We are looking for the right person to serve as Cable Installer on our Cable Plant Management Team.
The successful AES candidate will embrace our exciting mission to provide information technology expertise, strategic vision, and tactical implementations using frameworks that require virtualized, scalable, cost-effective cloud services, utilizing DevOps practices. This position typically works under limited supervision and direction. The selected candidates will be an inclusive team member who exhibits the following characteristics:
- Embraces collaborative work
- Communicates well
- Engages role with initiative
- Acts as an individual contributor for change
- Maintains optimism
- Is adaptable
The duties include but are not limited to:
- Interface and coordinate with the USCIS Office of Facilities (FAC), General Services Administration (GSA), USCIS Support Contractors, Contracted architects and Engineers.
- Cable plant Project Management services and assistance.
- Management activities associated with successful provisioning of telecom wire and cable supporting wide-area-network voice and data circuits in USCIS facilities.
- Project Management coordination and communications.
- Technical design and support.
- Standardized implementation of wiring and cable projects.
- Work jointly with USCIS to provide a dedicated project manager and support services for the installation and maintenance of cable and wireless infrastructure throughout USCIS.
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Gather requirements, establish schedules, support and attend meetings, communicate and coordinate projects with the USCIS Office of Facilities, various cable Contractors, track project costs, and interface with USCIS OIT customers. In addition, minimal travel will be required for attending construction meetings, project kick-off, and performing site surveys and quality assurance checks.
- Assist with modifications to policies, procedures, and standards.
- Provide personnel and resources to control and support wire and cable systems in the information technology infrastructure including scheduling, overall installation management, customer acceptance of products and services, and problem resolution.
- Provide cable-plant management support for USCIS from beginning to end and ensure all documentation has been completed in accordance with the USCIS agreed to project plan.
- Provide project management for multiple cabling projects, including scheduling and coordinating installations for projects within the National Capital Region (NCR).
- Coordinate cabling work and meet with USCIS Office of Facilities (FAC), Office of Information Technology (OIT), USCIS supporting staff and contractors, and engineers throughout projects.
- Attend project kickoff meetings and conduct status meetings.
- Perform site surveys and QA inspections.
- Develop site designs and submit bills of materials (BOMs).
- Install and terminate cabling and patch drops.
- Monitor and resolve Remedy tickets for requests of move, add and changes of cable drops at USCIS facilities. Develop and submit as-built drawings using Visio.
- Work with the USCIS Task Manager to improve and update the USCIS Infrastructure Cable- Plant Standard.
- Adhere to the USCIS Infrastructure Cable-Plant Standard.
- Provide on-site support in the National Capital Region to support multiple USCIS locations.
- Provide additional cable-plant support for other USCIS locations on an "as needed" basis.
- Perform additions or moves within existing facilities, and installations at new facilities. The Government will provide a Work Request for a specific cable requirements.
- Provide a project plan with Bill of Materials (BOM) for each project. Upon review, the Government shall approve the plan and the associated costs after which the Work Request shall be executed.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, or related field preferred. 5-10 years of experience.
Clearance Requirements - U.S. Citizen with the ability to obtain Public Trust and complete DHS Security Clearance; Ability to obtain DHS EOD suitability or Current DHS EOD highly preferred.
Location - Williston, VT
ManTech International Corporation, as well as its subsidiaries proactively fulfills its role as an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, marital status, physical or mental disability, status as a Disabled Veteran, Recently Separated Veteran, Active Duty Wartime or Campaign Badge Veteran, Armed Forces Services Medal, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a position with ManTech through its online applicant system, please contact ManTech's Corporate EEO Department at (703) 218-6000. ManTech is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer - minorities, females, disabled and protected veterans are urged to apply. ManTech's utilization of any external recruitment or job placement agency is predicated upon its full compliance with our equal opportunity/affirmative action policies. ManTech does not accept resumes from unsolicited recruiting firms. We pay no fees for unsolicited services.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access http://www.mantech.com/careers/Pages/careers.aspx as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation please click email@example.com and provide your name and contact information.
Job Function: Plans, evaluates, and/or coordinates the installation of local and/or remote data and voice communications equipment such as terminals, modems, video conferencing units, concentrators, minicomputers, central processing units, facsimiles, and pagers. Designs entire networks or portions of networks that include selection of hardware and software packages. Oversees voice network reconfiguration and billing reconciliation's. Ensures that all software including network control programs satisfy the communications needs covering both the hardware and software installed. Develops or assists in the development of standards for carrier service and equipment. Prepares or ensures that appropriate network documentation exists, including operational instructions. Provides regulatory monitoring and voice network analysis regarding short and long range planning for in-house systems. Education and Experience: Bachelor's Degree or equivalent. 2 to 4 years of relevant work experience. Physical Requirements: Sedentary Work