Founded in 1987, IMG is a leading small business that exemplifies competence, integrity and follow-through. We consistently provide customer focused professional services, which ensures our company is recognized for continually exceeding expectations. We believe that at the core of our success stand our people. Our people have provided professional services in the Information Technology field for our customers with a commitment to customer satisfaction for nearly 35 years.IMG
is hiring a full-time Cabling Cross Connect Specialist
at its Columbia, MD
Performs maintenance, sustainment of existing networks, and identification/correction of issues.
1. Resolve routine network problems; operate network analyzers, WAN test equipment, and network simulators2. Monitors data or voice system networks for various messages, alarms, or issues. Activates scripts as alarms occur or issues surface. Confirms accuracy of messages, alarms, or issues and/or determines severity of problem, issue or alarm. Initiates resolution as appropriate.3. Troubleshoots problems using scripts and standard, routine procedures; escalates as appropriate. Research issues to determine if problem may be resolved using predefined procedures.4. Resolves basic issues; documents the results. Communicates occurrence of alarms or issues and resulting actions taken to resolve or escalate problem.5. Executes scheduled maintenance routines in accordance with standard procedures. Identifies issues or problems and resolves as appropriate; escalates when necessary6. Activates/deactivates network lines according to established schedules.7. Performs first- and/or second-level problem determination (first level is help desk).8. Interfaces with users and/or network vendors.9. Can follow detailed work instructions.QualificationsClearance Required:
TS/SCI with full scope polygraph prior to considerationCertifications Desired but not Required:
CompTIA Network+, CCENT, CCNA, CCNP, CCIE, or equivalentEducation/Years of Experience:
Two (2) years of experience in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity are required. Associate's degree in engineering technology from an accredited college is required. Two (2) years of additional network engineering experience may be substituted for an Associate's degree.
Preferred experience includes:
- Experience with installation and configuration of any levels of network devices, such as firewalls, switches, routers, cabling, Cisco, Brocade, or Juniper devices
- Experience supporting WAN technologies such as SONET (OC3, OC48, OC192), DS3, T1, etc.
- Experience with Taclanes/KG-175, etc.
- Experience with MPLS, BGP, VPNs, etc.
As required by Executive Order 14042 and the guidance provided by the Federal Workforce Task Force, all federal contractor employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. If selected, you will be required to be submit proof of vaccination before your start date with IMG. IMG will provide additional information regarding what information or documentation will be needed and how you can request an exception from this requirement.IMG COMPANY BENEFITS
Information Management Group, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
- Health, dental, vision, and life insurance
- Short term and long term disability insurance
- 401(k) with generous company match
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA) and Health Savings Accounts (HSA)
- 15 days of personal leave plus paid federal holidays
- Professional development and training assistance