Immediate need for a talented Capital Markets Business Analyst with experience in the Banking/Financial Industry. This is a 6+ Months Contract opportunity with long-term potential and is located in Charlotte, NC . Please review the job description below,
Job ID: 20-00659
Job Title: Capital Markets Business Analyst
Location: Charlotte, NC 28202
Duration: 6+ Months Contract
Our client is looking for a Capital Markets Business Analyst. This person is responsible for providing business analysis expertise for technology initiatives in a financial product area(s) and/or a functional area within the Securities businesses. Will partner with business and technology teams to analyze, interpret, and document requirements for complex business problems and recommend comprehensive technology solutions. Use technical expertise and in-depth capital markets domain knowledge in the relevant product or functional area to develop solutions that are strategic, cost effective and meet business requirements. Apply knowledge of industry and technology changes to meet business partner tactical and strategic goals. Work with business users to develop and provide training, resolve questions, assess user needs and recommend changes. Participate in developing, planning and implementing re-engineering and process changes for greater efficiencies. Ensure effective system testing and project development life cycle management within the area of responsibility. May manage others.
Main responsibilities will include but not limited to:
- Gather, evaluate and analyze business needs for new/existing initiatives of client s Securities.
- Work closely with business partners (Trading, Marketing, Market Risk, Counterparty Credit Risk, Compliance, Finance, Operations, and Quantitative modeling) in understanding their requirements and working with them on complex transactions which in return implementing the required specifications into technology systems
- US and European markets regulatory enhancements/implementations, SIMM, FRTB, Flash PnL (Profit and Loss) Volcker Rule, Quantitative models computation/valuation
- Coordinate efforts among project stakeholders including development team, business partners, end users, vendor(s) and downstream technology teams.
- Participate in writing business requirements and translating them into application functional requirements for complex and exotic implementations for trading businesses (e.g. CVA/DVA, Greeks, Market Risk, Credit Risk calculations).
- Interpretation of complex/exotic and highly math intensive business and functional requirements to the development team for implementation.
- Work with the development team in designing the application/functionality, database, reports, and processes to help in accomplishing stated business needs in the most efficient way possible.
- Work/assist in the development of test cases, test results, implementation & deployment plans.
- Suggest improvements or enhancements to processes and systems in order to increase customer satisfaction or improve productivity.
Key Requirements and Technology Experience:
- BS Degree and 7+ years of experience in business analysis and design, project coordination and trading product implementation in high-profile systems with highly visible projects in capital markets and investment banking.
- 4 years of experience in the financial industry including knowledge of futures, derivatives and capital markets.
- 4 years of experience in working with analytical models and implementation into trading systems for credit/interest rates/commodity/foreign exchange and other financial derivatives.
- 4 years of experience in the pricing and risk assessment of commodity, interest rates, credit, foreign exchange or other financial derivatives.
- Understanding of commodity/interest rate/credit swap, basis swap, forwards/futures, options, and valuation techniques.
- Understanding of regulatory commitments for the trading organization related to trading operations for CFTC
- Fluency in Swaps, options, futures, forwards, derivatives pricing/valuation, CVA/DVA, VaR, PFE, CCAR, Reg Reporting, SDR, Dodd-Frank, PnL attribution, trade lifecycle, SDLC, SQL statements.
- Knowledge and understanding of operational workflows/processes, industry regulations for capital markets and investment banking, including industry participants.
- Solid working experience of Dodd Frank regulation particularly in the area of real time reporting of swaps (Swap Data Repository reporting).
- Experience working with financial market data and trading technologies including ICE, TT, RMDS, Activ, FIX, Morningstar, Bloomberg, Markit.
- Experience working with Front Office (traders/marketers), Middle Office, Market Risk, Quants, Credit Risk, Back Office business partners on trading applications.
- Expertise in using user interfaces that interface with high volume market data.
- Trading Systems (e.g. Endur, Calypso, Opics, Murrex) working experience.
- Understanding of scenario analysis, stress testing, credit potential exposure.
- Extensive knowledge and hands-on experience with SQL, Excel, VBA, and user-defined functions.
Our client is a leading Banking/Financial Industry and we are currently interviewing to fill this and other similar contract positions. If you are interested in this position, please apply online for immediate consideration.