Corporate Office, Alexandria, VA.
IT Coalition, Inc. is fast growing, larger Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) with expertise in Emerging Technologies, Application Development, IT Security, Management Consulting and Program Support. Headquartered in Alexandria, VA we provide services to over 20 Federal Agencies to include, but not limited to; DOJ, DOD, DHS, HHS, NASA, and DOC. We are seeking a self-starter with a track record of success managing proposals from beginning to end. The focus will be on full life-cycle capture, proposal management, proposal writing, and proposal team collaboration. Must have capability to manage and participate in large proposal responses.
The Proposal/Capture Manager will develop will work across the full life cycle of business development including opportunity identification, capture, and proposal management.
- Identifies and qualifies new business opportunities
- Identify, document, and manage the internal and external capture project efforts
- Analyze the organization's strategic plans and create a business development plan that aligns with our strategy
- Build and maintain strong, long-lasting customer relationships
- Develop a trusted advisor relationship with key customer stakeholders and executive sponsors
- Manage/support proposal development processes, including planning, organizing, strategy development, scheduling, ensuring compliance, writing, coordinating overall activities, preparing and communicating status reports, critiquing and making improvement recommendations, coordinating and assisting in proposal production, and leading all related tasks necessary to compete for and win contract awards.
- Develop capture plans, formulate a winning capture strategy, and obtain the resources necessary to prosecute the capture plan.
- Leads development of internal teaming and capabilities gap analysis, competitive assessments, discriminators and key win themes, price to win, and overall win strategy.
- Conducts various color reviews as part of the Business Development lifecycle.
- Lead or coordinate with cross-functional team involved in capture process to produce high quality, winning proposals while meeting stringent schedule requirements and provide all necessary data for the customer to fully evaluate the proposal.
- Develop proposal schedule and ensure adherence to all deadlines.
- Schedule business case reviews, go/no go, roadmap, and any related and required meetings with senior management for proposal submission.
- Coordinate the development of all proposal development materials including proposal outline, proposal management plan, and proposal kick-off meeting materials, story board and writing plans.
- Manage proposal content, including assessment of quality and form, and provide feedback and direction to the proposal team.
- Draft and write sections of the proposal.
- Lead, review and train proposal writers.
- Craft a proposal framework from each RFP, answering each required element to develop a compliance matrix, and reviewing proposal for compliance.
- Works with Contracts, Pricing and Operations to determine proposal team assignments.
- Works to ensure effective integration of win strategies, themes and discriminators into proposal response.
- Oversee final proposal production including coordinating editing, proofreading, printing, and binding.
- Assist in proposal reviews and promote standardized corporate proposal processes.
- Review and analyze Solicitation and related documents.
- Provide input on proposal development costs.
- Maintain and update all proposal procedures, templates, checklists, forms and other artifacts.
- Oversee process for capturing and disseminating artifacts useful for generation of proposals such as past proposals, resumes, past performance information, and graphics.
- Proposal development process owner, work with team on continuous improvement initiatives and metrics.
- Bachelor s Degree with at least 10+ years Federal Government business development and proposal management, support, and/or writing experience
- Understanding of, and experience with, the Federal procurement process.
- Evidence of a successful track record of high quality, high scoring proposals
- Demonstrated evidence of successful capture experience.
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Ability to work to meet deadlines (nights, weekends, and holidays at times)
- Ability to develop and/or assist technical and capture personnel in developing compelling themes, discriminators, and messaging
- Ability to work well both in a team and independently
- Up-to-date knowledge of marketing, editing, graphic design, and other relevant proposal best practices
- Ability to manage multiple proposals simultaneously
- Ability to manage geographically disbursed teams
- Ability to create original content using interview and research techniques
- Fluency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) and SharePoint
- Demonstrated experience in proposal writing covering all typical solicitation sections