Job ID: 2205671 Location:
FORT MEADE , MD , US Date Posted:
Engineering and SciencesSubcategory:
NoMinimum Clearance Required:
NoneClearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain:
TS/SCI with PolyPotential for Remote Work:
Are you interested in joining SAIC to be part of our partnership providing high quality engineering advisory services, system planning, integration, and architecture to our government intelligence agency customer? Then consider joining the members of the Enterprise Systems Engineering (SE) and Architecture team as they aid our customer in collaborating, integrating, and standardizing the engineering approach across the customers enterprise.
We have a current requirement for an experienced Chief Systems Engineer in support of our customers Mobile Strategy Organization at their Fort Meade Maryland facility. This position will support requirements analysis for research and development efforts to designed to address implications of mobile communications technology evolution ( e.g. 5G/6G, mobile OS, handset and Internet of Things) on customer's mission set. The candidate will work with many different customer and IC organizations as they seek to leverage information gained through many diverse studies, developments and laboratory exercises that will push the envelope of modern communications methods and technologies. The candidate must be able to apply creative strategies for meeting IC requirements with limited resources. They also have the ability to work with a diverse set of requirements as the organization moves forward. They also will support publication of customer's annual technology forecast and research and development status and future plans, to include capability delivery forecasts designed to aid internal and external partner's budget development. The selected individual will:
- Analyze new technologies, identify shortfalls in current capabilities against those technologies, and, in concert with stakeholders, recommend efforts to address those capability deltas.
- Track development software, system requirements, and planning documentation, and
- Support compilation and publication of annual technology review and technology forecast, current and future customer sponsored research efforts, and a forecast of delivery of new capabilities.
- Must have TS/SCI clearance with polygraph
- Bachelor's degree or advanced degree in computer science, information systems, engineering, or other related discipline
- At least 20years of systems engineering experience.
- A high school diploma or GED plus 19 years of systems engineering experience would also be acceptable.
- A Master's degree or PhD may be substituted for two years of experience.
- Ability to work well with the project leads, technical directors, and portfolio managers involved with modern communication methods
- Experience working with mission product owners and other various customers to derive requirements.
- Experience working many simultaneous developments and studies that will build upon each other.
- This is a full-time position requiring 1880 hours of support per year.
Desired but not required:
- Experiences with SIGINT systems exploiting modern signal sets is highly desired.
- Prefer development or project management experience as well as Community (IC) experience.
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com .
My SAIC Benefits.