Description Job Description:
The Government Health and Safety Solutions Operation is seeking a Certified Cloud Solutions Architect, contingent upon contract award, in Atlanta, GA.
The qualified Cloud Architect will oversee multiple application development initiatives primarily utilizing MS Azure Cloud solutions with Databricks, SPARK Streaming, SQL, Delta Lake and Notebook integrated technology. Specifically the work will support the Center for Disease Control and Prevention's (CDC) National Center for Immunization and Respiratory Diseases (NCIRD).NCIRD is further broken down into divisions covering Bacterial Disease, Viral Diseases, Global Immunization, Immunization Services and Influenza.
The Certified Cloud Solutions Architect will serves as lead CLOUD Subject Matter Expert (SME) for implementing and overseeing cloud computing strategy. This includes cloud adoption plans, cloud application design, and cloud management and monitoring. Oversee application architecture requirements and deployment in cloud environments for the CDC. The successful candidate will have related multiple years of hands-on experience of supporting Commercial Cloud Services with MS Azure. Professional Cloud certifications such as AZURE, CLOUD+ or other with related ones are required.Specific roles & responsibilities for the
Certified Cloud Solutions Architect position include but not limited to the following areas:
- Public Cloud Service Provider (MS Azure) Infrastructure Support
- Proxy Auditing and Inspection to Public Cloud Service and External Hosting providers
- Private Cloud (On-Premise) Infrastructure Support
- Other Cloud Service Support
- Evaluate the costs and identify efficiencies of delivering service to the customer.
- Negotiate with stakeholders (Vendors, Customer, etc.) to generate ideas and clarify specifications.
- Delegate tasks as necessary to the team and maintains accountability for results.
- Performs technical planning, system integration, verification and validation, cost and risk, and supportability and effectiveness analyzes
- Must be a self-starter, strong leader, and have the ability to work independently with little supervision.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE: Requires a BA/BS or equivalent experience and 10+ years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 8+ years or prior relevant experience. Generally has 7+ years of experience supervising or leading teams or projects.
- Experienced in implementing and overseeing cloud computing strategy, and delivery of cloud solutions.
- Experienced in cloud deployment, operations, maintenance, and troubleshooting.
- Hands-on experience with MS Azure Cloud architecture and core services.
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Architect Technologies - current certification required
- Demonstrated understanding of IT infrastructure tools, processes and practices, including Cloud resource provisions, deployment, microservices, and DevOps
- Solid knowledge on Cloud security and monitoring
- Team Lead and/or Technical Lead experience
- Professional Cloud Certifications such as Azure, or CLOUD+
- Ability to obtain a Public Trust clearance
- CDC customer experience and knowledge of their organizational structure
- Demonstrated Cloud deployment models and related experience (Private/Public/Hybrid cloud)
hhscdcExternal Referral Bonus:
IneligibleExternal Referral Bonus $:Potential for Telework:
Yes, 75%Clearance Level Required:
Yes, 10% of the timeScheduled Weekly Hours:
Systems EngineeringPay Range: