Solidus is looking for a Computer Systems Engineer to join a Cyber System Assessments team. We are looking for a candidate that has the following skills; computer and network administration, hardware, software development, test, automation and orchestration skills, and the ability to adapt to the needs of a growing and evolving team.
Candidates will need to be able to work in a fast-paced and challenging environment and possess a love for technical challenges, a desire to constantly learn, and be able to establish themselves as a critical player within a team.
- Deliver high-availability server and network infrastructure to sustain the online and on-site information technology activities of users through secure and reliable means.
- Design and implementation of server and network configurations, troubleshoot performance issues, carry out server and network monitoring and the configuration of security systems, such as firewalls.
- Work closely with project managers and other engineers to manage capacity and carry out support.
- Maintain computer infrastructures on all networks with a focus on the administration and management of on-site servers, software-network interactions as well as network integrity/resilience.
- Monitor and test server and network for weakness, necessary server and network updates, install and implement security programs, administer Internet filters, and evaluate and implement the network.
- Effective maintenance of computer hardware and network infrastructure related to data networks.
- Involvement in the procurement of new hardware, the rollout of new software and software patches, maintain all data, files and logs stored on the system including backup plans and procedures, procurement of licenses, maintenance of the standards for server installations and applications, monitor the performance of the servers and network as well as check for security breaches and poor data management practices.
- U.S. Citizenship and able to obtain a DoD Secret Security Clearance.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering or equivalent work experience.
- At least 5 years of experience as a Linux System or Network Administrator.
- Certified Kubernetes Administrator (CKA)
- Certified Kubernetes Application Developer (CKAD)
Applicants selected must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. U.S. Citizenship may be required. Solidus is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-Verify. NOTICE OF AFFIRMATIVE ACTION PLAN FOR INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES, DISABLED VETERANS AND OTHER PROTECTED VETERANS. It is the policy of this Company to seek and employ qualified individuals at all locations and facilities, and to provide equal employment opportunities for all applicants and employees in recruiting, hiring, placement, training, compensation, insurance, benefits, promotion, transfer, and termination. To achieve this, we are dedicated to taking affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities, disabled veterans, and other protected veterans. The objective in adopting the Affirmative Action Programs is to place qualified individuals with disabilities, disabled veterans and other protected veterans in all job classifications. These Affirmative Action Programs are available for inspection by any applicant or employee by contacting the Company's EEO Coordinator, in the Human Resources office, Monday through Friday, 8am to 5pm.