• Evaluates and analyzes complex technical issues and makes decisions regarding technical solutions and recommendations in accordance with customer requirements and National IT standards and policies.
• Assists with and influences the implementation of IM, PM and RM policies, procedures and processes, ensuring the strategies and activities are consistent with the business objectives and are compliant with Service Management Office processes for review.
• Drives compliance with policies, processes, procedures and standards.
• Maintains the change schedule for all end user services and ensures alignment across key service partners and stakeholders.
• Participates in Problem Quality Assurance Review (PQAR) meetings as the enterprise IM subject matter expert (SME).
• Performs proactive PM activities and analysis such as reviewing metric reports or analyzing service desk issues for trends, performing research and/or investigation, determining if issues should be classified as an incident, and providing actionable feedback on possible service improvements.
• Measures and monitors progress to ensure end user releases are delivered on time and within budget, and meet or exceed expectations.
• Conducts and/or participates in meetings with service partners, districts, System management and operations staff.
• Provides basic support and collaboration in completing analysis, providing ad-hoc reports, information or process mapping, and/or alignment of the business and related resources.
• Perform other duties as may be assigned.
Supervision Given / Received:
• Works under limited supervision. Provides leadership and motivates peers and other technical staff through matrix management.
• Performs work with a high level of autonomy and is responsible for visible National IT efforts and related actions that reflect heavily on the reputation of National IT and the Client system.
• Thorough knowledge and understanding of CM and RM discipline, as well as ITIL best practices.
• Ability to accommodate frequently redirected priorities, respond to multiple, high-priority assignments across multiple disciplines, recommend improvements, present findings, and conduct effective meetings.
• Ability to cultivate relationships with senior and officer-level technical staff to facilitate collaboration across the enterprise.
• Exhibits sound judgment, strong technical skills, innovation and creative thinking.
• Has thorough understanding of general and critical computing services and environments, including applications, servers and networks.
• When communicating, exhibits confidence, clearly and concisely presents and explains technical information, reacts well under pressure, and develops skill in negotiation, persuasion, and diplomacy.
• Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university with major or coursework in Business, Computer Science, Management Information Systems (MIS), or closely related field or an equivalent combination of education and/or directly related work experience.
• A minimum of four years of Information Technology experience in a related area (such as second- and third-level service desk, network, server, database, telephony, middleware or server support) required.
• A minimum of one year of experience coordinating major incidents, releases, changes or problem management preferred.
• General technical knowledge and related competencies of distributed information systems technologies (i.e., UNIX and Windows operating systems, WebSphere Application Server, Oracle Database, MQSeries, Web Application Infrastructure (WAI), Performance, Storage, etc.) and applications operating in the National IT environment.
• General knowledge of IT and interdependencies in a large scale, enterprise-wide complex operation.
• Demonstrated technical documentation skills to prepare and complete views and components of applications.
• Senior analytical skills.
• Senior-level negotiating skills to obtain needed technical support for customers.
• Effective interpersonal skills to build and maintain strong partnerships with National IT technical managers and staff, application developers and strong working relationships with CBAFs.
Preferred certifications include:
• ITIL Foundations Certification