Please note that this is a 6 months contract position.
This role is providing Foremost production support. Be a contributing member of the Foremost Production Support team within Applications Operations, focusing on support activities for agent-, customer-, and employee-facing applications. Manage the lifecycle of production incidents, restoring services as quickly as possible when interruptions occur.
• Apply and enforce ITSM/ITIL standards for the incident management process (identification, logging, categorization, prioritization, response, diagnosis, escalation, resolution, and closure).
• Work with the Change Management and Problem Management teams to proactively reduce issue occurrence/recurrence.
• Drive high-severity incident calls. Address and resolve problems encountered by users, whether they require a quick fix or a major collaborative effort across various departments. This includes providing clear, regular status updates and metrics for ongoing issues.
• Leverage dashboards to check the application health, continually analyzing incident trends to identify root causes that will help reduce Mean Time to Restore (MTTR)
• Work with application development teams to prioritize pending defects by highlighting the business operations, customer, and agent impacts
• Maintain updated runbooks
• Identification and implementation of process improvements.
• Partner with Foremost ADM Teams to support release and infrastructure related maintenance/implementations
• Identify and address performance monitoring gaps
• Improve impact analysis capabilities - creation of a Splunk based dashboard for the key Foremost applications that captures key metrics/trends comparable to other BU's.
• Improve intellectual property - create knowledge articles to build up the IP/capabilities of both the Operations Team and the Foremost Help Desk
• Proactively evaluate engineering processes and provide recommendations to increase efficiency.
• 2-3 years of experience in a production support role.
• 1-2 years of experience with performance monitoring tools such as Splunk and/or AppDynamics
• Solid written and verbal communication skills is a must.
• High school diploma required
• Bachelor's degree preferred
Applicants must provide their phone number. Reference job number A761.