12+ month contract. Potential to extend/option to hire.
The Change Management Lead will play a key role in ensuring projects and change initiatives meet objectives on time and on budget by increasing employee adoption and usage. This person will focus on the people side of change, including changes to business processes, systems and technology, positions and organization structures.
This position will report to the Exec Director of Organizational Change Management and will create and implement change management strategies and plans that maximize employee adoption and minimize resistance.
Change Strategies, Process and Planning
- Develop change management plans for each project or change initiative that acknowledges the different aspects of the change process – prepare, manage, reinforce
- Develop change management processes and tools to support the integration of change management principles with project management practices.
- Work collaboratively with the Manager – Create strategies to foster the on-going development of the Global Change Practitioner network.
- Support the design, development, delivery and management of communications relevant to assigned change initiatives.
- Prepare impact analyses and evaluation of the actual impact of changes, assess change readiness and identify key stakeholders.
- Identify, analyze and prepare risk mitigation tactics, and identify and manage anticipated resistance to change.
- Work collaboratively with Project Managers/Change Practitioners to integrate change management activities into project plans.
- Co-facilitate virtual learning sessions to orient participants to change management programs, as needed.
- Create and manage the input, collation and output of the change management reporting systems for delegated projects, including provide regular and ad hoc reports to satisfy individual project requirements.
- Capture data and define and measure success metrics, and report to the Executive Director of Organizational Change Management and project stakeholders on monitoring change progress and reporting of issues or roadblocks
Education / Support
- Support the design and delivery of employee education programs applicable to change management.
- Consult and coach project teams on change management.
- Identify opportunities and provide expertise to build resilience to change across the organization.
- Consider and provide support to management to enact the culture change required as a result of change initiatives
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years experience in Organization Change Management or Organizational Development
- Experience and knowledge of change management principles, methodologies and tools
- Experience with medium and large-scale organizational change efforts
- An in depth understanding of how people go through a change and the change process.
- Familiarity with project management approaches, tools and phases of the project lifecycle
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality
- Ability to be flexible and adaptive to change
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to work well within a team environment and participate in department projects.
- Ability to demonstrate a positive and professional image
- Master’s Degree
- Prosci trained/certification
- 2-4 years project coordination experience
- 1-2 years of project management experience
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)