Apex Systems currently has an immediate opening for a Charles River Analyst in the greater Baltimore area with one of our larger Financial clients. The analyst would be apart of a team that is employing new technology paradigms such as cloud computing, lightweight microservices, and distributed and non-relational databases to deliver elastically scalable, globally distributed and highly resilient software services. In addition, they are utilizing capabilities such as low-touch and high-touch workflows intelligently augmented with data-driven algorithms to compound on the creativity and ingenuity of our investors.
If you, or someone you know may be interested, please forward an updated resume to Ben Sheridan at Core Capabilities & Attributes:
- High achiever who combines ambition with humility and is happy to let their performance do the talking.
- Demonstrable passion for technology (e.g. personal projects, open-source involvement) while using their problem solving capabilities to deliver solutions utilizing a top end engineering approach
- Craftsman-like approach to building software; takes pride in engineering excellence and instills these values in others
- Focused on delivering value to the business with relentless efforts to improve process
- Exceptional technology skills; recognized by your peers as an expert in your domain
- A proponent of strong collaborative software engineering techniques and methods: agile development, continuous integration, code review or pairing, unit testing, refactoring and related approaches
- Strong interpersonal skills; able to establish and maintain a close working relationship with Portfolio Managers, Research Analysts, Traders, Support Personnel, other engineers, and senior business people alike
- Experience with Order Management and Charles River products
- Involved in a Charles River upgrade
- Experience in front office software development with an Asset Manager, Hedge Fund or Investment Bank
- Advanced Computer Science, Math or Financial Engineering degree
- A solid understanding of tradeable financial instruments (securities, derivatives) and capital markets
- Experience building containerized applications and deploying to public or private clouds, such as Amazon Web Services (AWS), Microsoft Azure, or similar providers.
- Experience using AWS services like lambdas, EC2 instances, ECS clusters, and step functions
- Strong knowledge of one or more relevant database technologies e.g. SQL Server, Sybase, DyanomoDb, Postgres
- Open source involvement such as a well-curated blog, accepted contribution, or community presence
- Strong academic record and a degree with high mathematical and computing content e.g. Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering or Physics from a leading university.
- 8+ years of progressive software engineering experience
- Expert knowledge in one or more programming language(s) - C#/Python/Java
- Proficient on Linux platforms with knowledge of various scripting languages
- Familiarity with a variety of programming styles (e.g. OO, functional) and in-depth knowledge of design patterns
- Strong Test-Driven Development and desire to write simple, adaptive and iterative code
- Enthusiastic embrace of DevOps culture and collaborative software engineering
- Experience working in a dynamic, fast-paced, Agile team environment
- Strong interpersonal skills; able to establish and maintain a close working relationship with Portfolio Managers, Traders, Support Personnel, other engineers, and senior business people alike
If you, or someone you know may be interested, please forward an updated resume to Ben Sheridan at
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at