Job ID: 2204404 Location:
SAN DIEGO , CA , US Date Posted:
NoMinimum Clearance Required:
Top SecretClearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain:
TS/SCIPotential for Remote Work:
SAIC is seeking a Chief DevSecOps Engineer in San Diego, CA with an active TS/SCI to support a key technical role on a fast paced highly innovative agency led initiative. SAIC is developing its joint all-domain command and control capability and supporting several initiatives across DoD and leading the development on the next generation Joint All-Domain Command and Control (JADC2) for the all Combatant Commands. This next generation system shall employ the latest advancements across the technology spectrum to include AI/ML and distributed architectures. The ideal candidate will have extensive experience in large, complex system of systems design, development and integration projects. This role will require expertise in software (SW) design, development, configuration management, architecture, and large distributed (networked) compute platforms.
This is your opportunity to have a rewarding career participating, learning and honing your DevSecOps skills, while providing meaningful contributions to our DoD customers. You must be a hard-working, sharp individual with a passion for software development, a positive attitude, and an intense desire to deliver value through rapid application development and cloud native development, using leading edge software factory tool stacks.
The ideal candidate will have expertise and extensive experience in Agile software development, Microservices, API development, and specific experience with software development in a DevSecOps environment.
As a Developer, your primary responsibilities will include:
• Build, use, debug CI/CD pipelines
• Design, develop, code, test, debug, document and deploy custom apps
• Develop application program logic from customer-defined specifications
• Understand business, technical, and program requirements
• Apply analytical, automation, and coding skills in all phases of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
• Prepare Lean design documentation, e.g. diagrams and specifications
• Use Cloud based tool stacks (e.g. VSCode, Jira, Confluence, Git, Docker, K8's, Istio, AWS...etc.) for development Qualifications REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum of nine (9) years' experience developing software technical requirements, develop software test plans and procedure, oversee software testing, verification, and validation activities with a Bachelor's Degree; Or seven (7) years of relevant experience with a Master's Degree. Additional years of experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Proven background working in DevOps software development environments with specific experience and knowledge in one or more of the following areas:
- Software Program Management / Acquisition
- Agile software development with Scrum or Kanban
- Agile collaboration tools such as Atlassian Jira, Confluence
- CI/CD with Jenkins, GitLab, Bitbucket, or MS Azure
- Cloud - Platform One
- Cross Domain Solutions
- Multi-Level Security Networks (MLS / MILS)
- Containerization with Docker or Red Hat Podman
- Container management with Kubernetes and Helm
- Security automation with tools such as Static Application Security Testing (SAST) and Dynamic Application Security Testing (DAST)
REQUIED SECURITY CLEARANCE:
- Ability to interface with all levels of functional/division offices to accomplish projects for the government program office
- Active Top Secret Clearance with the ability to obtain and maintain a TS/SCI
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com .
My SAIC Benefits.