Description Job Description:
The Homeland Security Solutions Operation within the Intelligence Group at Leidos currently has an opening for a Chief Enterprise Cloud Engineer (CECE) to work in Ashburn, Virginia. The CECE will serve as the technical lead for a talented team providing Enterprise Cloud and IT Services to the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Customs and Border Protection (CBP). Services provided include: cloud enterprise infrastructure, cloud enterprise platform, cloud enterprise service, provisioning of Cloud Service Provider (CSP) resources, cloud enterprise security, provisioning of connectivity between multiple CSPs and the CBP network, provisioning of Cloud Access Point - secure connectivity between CBP and any CSPs, and compliance with government security policies. Additionally, the PM will be responsible for providing near real-time cloud enterprise situational awareness, cloud tagging, billing and chargeback, cloud environment maintenance, and reporting.
Leidos is looking for a CECE that will plan, coordinate, and manage the technical actions taken by the team to initiate and technically execute the work scope covered under this Government contract. We are looking for a team-oriented technical leader focused on delivering and supporting the strategic goals of CBP. The CECE will interface with senior CBP leaders and directors to help maintain and sustain critical infrastructure. The CECE is responsible all technical performance and will serve as the Leidos single point-of-contact with the program office for technical matters and issues.
The CECE will lead the technical strategy, solution development, and execution of systems and infrastructure information technology (IT) and support services. The CECE will provide comprehensive systems engineering oversight, analytical, and technical support services required to deliver a broad range of innovative IT solutions and professional services to modernize CBP/DHS legacy systems, protect their networks and assets, and improve the effectiveness and efficiency of mission-critical and mission-support functions.The successful Chief Engineer shall:
- Serve as the Leidos principle Cloud and IT engineer to provide engineering expertise and guidance for the design, development, implementation, and sustainment of the Mission Focused CBP Enterprise Cloud Environment that will exceed mission requirements and enhance overall system security, performance, and availability
- Lead the research, analysis, solution design and implementation planning of IT solutions for the modernization of existing applications and strategies for migrating them to the cloud
- Drive strategic technological innovation, demonstrating a breadth and depth of knowledge in all things related to a complex matrixed Cloud and IT operations
- Provide technical knowledge and analysis of high-level Cloud Environment and IT functional systems analysis, design, and integration advice on complex matters that require expert level knowledge of the subject matter for effective implementation
- U.S. Citizenship
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Information Technology, Computer Science, Information Systems, or related Engineering field
- 15+ years' experience IT engineering and architecting enterprise IT solutions, with the most recent 8 years focused on Enterprise Cloud Engineering
- Demonstrated expertise in systems engineering, including requirements analysis and system architecture design
- Demonstrated experience leading design and implementation of complex Cloud and IT solutions on a large Program (200M+).
- Demonstrated experience supporting the modernization and migration of complex enterprise applications to the Cloud, including developing effective COOP/DR solutions
- Demonstrated experience in refactoring existing application architecture to Hybrid cloud platforms and deploy Hybrid Cloud solutions to integrate with on premise Applications.
- Demonstrated experience in implementing SecDevOps practices, infrastructure as code, and Software Defined Networking in a Cloud environment
- Demonstrated experience using and managing a variety of open source technologies and cloud services, including the following:
- Public Cloud experience: Microsoft Azure, Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud Platform
- Kubernetes supporting enterprise solutions: Kubernetes platforms, Docker, Aqua, Twistlock
- Infrastructure/Configuration as code: Terraform, Chef, Puppet, or Ansible
External Referral Bonus:
- Master's Degree in Engineering, Information Technology, Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field
- Demonstrated experience in network and cyber security design, Cloud architecture and engineering, and IT operations with emphasis on DHS capabilities
- Experience with biometric technologies, especially facial recognition, in the Cloud
- Experience with NIST SP 800 series or ISO 27000 series documents for information security management and risk assessment
- ITIL Expert
- Experience working in an ISO20000 / ISO27001 environment
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect or Google Cloud Certified Fellow or Azure Solutions Architect Expert
- Cloud Security certification
EligiblePotential for Telework:
NoClearance Level Required:
Yes, 25% of the timeScheduled Weekly Hours:
Software DevelopmentPay Range: