The successful candidate will support and manage the Information Security Team while driving the implementation of the IT Security Strategy and protecting the business from cyber security threats.
Responsibilities will include:
- Oversees and directs the management of the Information Security function to ensure the development and advancement of the information security program.
- Leads the management of information security resources throughout the organization, ensuring the protection of the organization’s intellectual property.
- Develop and maintain clear cyber security policies and validate an integrated and consistent approach to implementation across the enterprise.
- Ensures policies, processes and technologies proactively protect the enterprise from cyber threats
- Conducts a continuous assessment of IT security practices and technologies to identify areas for improvement
- Manage projects to implement security initiatives, including delivering new security technology approaches and implementing next generation solutions.
- Create an organization that attracts and retains top talent in the information security function.
- Ensure that compliance and governance is met; alignment with information security standards
- Directs strategic and tactical planning and execution of cyber security programs, including the development and delivery of information security awareness and training.
- Engages with functional managers including staff meetings, business / operational reviews, overhead program budgets.
- Foster the development of relationships with information security professionals in other companies, as well as with academic institutions and professional associations in the field and supports the organization’s participation in external activities such as external boards or governing body committees.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field and 15+ years’ experience in Information Technology or equivalent combination of education and experience of 21+ years’ in Information Technology in lieu of degree.
- 10+ years of experience working in Information Security Management
- 10+ years of experience in a leadership role, including information security planning, scheduling, assignment, and monitoring of staff and resources
- Proven CISO experience in a large multi-business company - ability to collaborate effectively across organizational boundaries – familiarity with working in a large matrix structured organization preferred.
- Above average verbal and written communication skills and demonstrated ability to serve as an effective member of a senior management team, and to communicate security-related concepts to a broad range of technical and non-technical management and staff.
- Advanced analytical skills.
- Strategic thinker able to set a roadmap for transformation and growth
- Advanced Degree and/or Accredited Training (CISSP, CAP, SSCP, CISA, CISM, GSNA, GSEC, GSSP, etc.)
- Senior information technology leadership experience in the Engineering and Construction industry strongly preferred
- Demonstrated experience in building and managing an engineering-centric Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) and Cloud-based infrastructure to support distributed and remote working
- Continuous Improvement Methodologies (Lean, Six Sigma etc.) experience a plus
- Prior Private Family Office cybersecurity experience is desired.
- Must be adept at developing senior management presentations, enterprise communications, and whitepapers which are logical and concise with only general guidance from the CISO and others to support senior executive reviews and initiatives.
- Must be proficient in leading cross-functional teams of senior employees to achieve objectives
- Should be adept at dealing with senior executives and constructively challenging ideas and products to achieve desired results