This role will serve as part of the operations team helping to modernize and sustain the Defense Health Agency's IT infrastructure to provide a standardized, robust, and highly available global infrastructure and enterprise core services. This position lies in the integration layer of the Service Integration and Management (SIAM) model, overseeing the operations and sustainment of the enterprise supporting 250,000 military and civilian government end-users worldwide. The Chief Operations Manager will help plan the transition of 600+ military treatment facilities into Service Provider roles, assisting with the adoption of this complex organizational change.
Will serve as part of the leadership team helping to modernize and sustain a Defense Health Agency's IT infrastructure to provide a standardized, robust, and highly available global infrastructure and enterprise core services. This position has oversite of all operations for delivery of contractor services, including practices for Event, Incident, Problem, Change and Service Request Management. This role leads the use of the Service Management Systems (SMS) and compliance with the Service Management Manual (SMM) supporting military and civilian government end-users worldwide.
• Understand the military health care business and the impact of the ecosystem on its ability to succeed
• Support the organizational change initiatives required to transition the customers operations to the commercial-based SIAM ecosystem model
• Manage the transition and design of the SIAM organization to an operational state, including any required staffing, processes, and strategic direction
• Oversee the SIAM functions including ecosystem governance, customer engagement, service transition, and performance management
• Oversee the SIAM Service Management Practices including Incident, Problem, Change, Event, Request, and management of service desk and network operations.
• Optimize the overall operation of the ecosystem services, managed service providers, and processes to create and increase value for the customer
• Engage with the customer at the enterprise architecture level to strategically align the demand for new technical capabilities and the services provided the ecosystem
• Collaborate with other ecosystem support functions such as Integrated Operations, and the Integrated Service Center to manage the cross-functional processes required for seamless service delivery
• Support the CSI program through identification and implementation of opportunities to improve service performance
• Directly support the Program Manager and Deputy to ensure that all SIAM programmatic level responsibilities (e. g., staffing, programmatic deliverables, monthly reporting, ad hoc requests, etc.) are completed in a timely, accurate, and quality manner
• Manage teams with well-defined scope, including directing daily work activities/priorities, people recruitment and development, cost management, and direction-setting within the area of responsibility.
• Manage team and individual performance
• Resolve/monitor customer escalations as appropriate
• Establish and manage relationships with customer subject matter experts and appropriate customer management, with an objective of maintaining and building the business.
• Oversee service desk activities, touch labor support to classified customers, and other operational duties as requested by the customer. Qualifications
Requires BA/BS with 10 years of experience with at least 4 years of management level responsibility.
• Leader in IT Operations implementation and delivery
• Familiarity with MSI and SIAM operations and how delivery interacts
• Lead managed IT infrastructure service transitions
• Familiarity with IT Service Management toolsets such as ServiceNow and Remedy
• Minimum of 5 years relevant work experience and leadership in IT Operations
• Experience leading large teams in a matrixed management structure
• Demonstrated experience producing programmatic deliverables
• Demonstrated experience with facets of personnel management
• Experience of performance data analysis of ITIL processes
• Skilled at working collaboratively in a complex environment and driving performance achievement and improvements
• Data-driven mindset of service excellence and customer satisfaction
• Successful teamwork experience and demonstrated leadership abilities
• Understanding of DOD program and risk management practices
• Ability to communicate across communities with exceptional written and oral communications skills, including executive-level presentations
• Leadership experience with diverse, multi-domain, distributed teams and multiple simultaneous projects
Education and Experience
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Business, or related field or equivalent work experience.
• Total of 10 years of relevant experience.
• Project Management Professional (PMP) certification (highly desired)
• ITIL v4 Managing Professional Certified or ability to obtain within first six months
• Ability to obtain a Department of Defense security clearance (ADP II Public Trust). About PeratonPeraton drives missions of consequence spanning the globe and extending to the farthest reaches of the galaxy. As the world's leading mission capability integrator and transformative enterprise IT provider, we deliver trusted and highly differentiated national security solutions and technologies that keep people safe and secure. Peraton serves as a valued partner to essential government agencies across the intelligence, space, cyber, defense, civilian, health, and state and local markets. Every day, our 22,000 employees do the can't be done, solving the most daunting challenges facing our customers.We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state, or local law.As a government contractor, Peraton abides by the following provisionPay Transparency Nondiscrimination ProvisionThe contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of the other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c).