1) Plans, schedules, and directs preparation of software to process data and solve problems by use of COTS and custom written software: Consults with management and other team to clarify software intent, identify problems, suggest changes, and determine extent of programming and coding required.
2) Reviews work of programming personnel. Conducts code reviews, peer reviews, and audits of the software baseline
3) Develops software from designs, considering factors, such as infrastructure capacity and speed, capabilities of peripheral equipment, and intended use of output data.
4) Revises or directs revision of existing software to increase operating efficiency or adapt to new requirements.
5) Compiles documentation of software development and subsequent revisions.
6) Trains other team members in program software processes and techniques.
7) An expert in root cause analysis and problem identification of large scale software systems.
8) Collaborates with external Leidos engineering resources and vendors to integrate new frameworks and technologies
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or similar discipline required.
15+ years of overall development experience.
6+ years of Java development experience in a Linux environment.
2+ years of Agile software development experience
1+ years of Ruby experience.
Experience at least four of the following:
o Relational databases (Oracle/PostgreSQL),
o Web services,
o Mule or comparable Enterprise Service Bus,
o Spring Framework
o Familiarity with Atlassian Suite (JIRA, Confluence, Crucible, Fisheye),
Master's degree in Computer Science or similar discipline.