Job Number: R0101556
Chief of Data Engineering, Senior Manager
Lead a team as they help to build state of the art data platforms for its government and defense clients, including using cutting edge technologies available today in the cloud. Author, review, and approve data requirements and designs of the Big Data platform and data engineering domain, including ETL/data movement and pipelines, business intelligence, and analytics. Build data pipelines leveraging internal and external data sources to meet business objectives. Identify and develop auditable governance controls for systems within the data warehousing and data engineering domains and monitor compliance by the data engineering team. Lead a team of 40+ engineers to validate customer data needs, ensure operations of our data pipelines, and develop new solutions for efficiency. Define how systems should be maintained, including tools to be used for monitoring, thresholds, and runbooks and actively work on refining on-call practices. Work with business units to understand business objectives and how to leverage our data platform and tools to achieve those objectives.
- 8+ years of experience as a data engineer, including building ETL/data pipelines as well as data visualization and BI solutions
- 5+ years of experience with managing data engineering or data warehousing teams responsible for 50 data pipelines, including daily data updates and feeds
- 5+ years of experience in database architecture, design, and modeling and working with a variety of data warehousing systems
- 5+ years of experience with using SQL and advanced SQL techniques
- 5+ years of experience with building robust, highly available, and scalable services
- 3+ years of experience with building and deploying services in the cloud
- Experience in scaling data warehouse solution, meeting SLAs, and performance analysis, performing data quality analysis for simple business rules, and coordinating with business and technical teams to address data quality concerns
- Secret clearance
- Bachelor's degree
- 5+ years of experience with building consumer-facing products
- 5+ years of experience with SQL and databases such as Snowflake, Redshift, Postgres
- 5+ years of experience in working with ETL tools such as Matillion, Informatica, Talend, Alooma or Python, Java, Scala, Hadoop, or Spark
- 5+ years of experience with Business Intelligence and Visualization tools such as Qlik or Tableau
- 5+ years of experience in working with automated build and continuous integration systems
Applicants selected will be subject to a security investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information; Secret clearance is required.
We're an EOE that empowers our people-no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other protected characteristic-to fearlessly drive change.