iSphere is seeking a Chromebook Technician and Support Specialist for a full-time opportunity in Houston, TX!
We are seeking an Information Technology Helpdesk professional who specializes in Chromebook support and repair. Excellent Customer Service skills are the key to success in this role. The candidate will be responsible for being the initial point of contact for end users, providing support on a variety of issues by responding to telephone calls, email and requests for first tier Chromebook and Google Apps issues. The primary customer will be school students, parents and teachers.
- Act as the first level of support for all student & parent service desk calls, tickets, and emails which includes finding solutions or workarounds and resolving calls immediately with the student, teacher, parent or staff member.
- Perform maintenance, provisioning, deploy, and support Chromebooks.
- Troubleshoot network connectivity issues.
- Troubleshoot and repair hardware issues on chromebooks.
- Perform 1st and 2nd level software support to google apps and the chromebook apps.
- Communicate with Teachers, Parents and Students to teach them use of basic functions on their software and hardware.
- Assist with Google Classroom administration, Chromebook management and troubleshooting
- Assist with web filtering administration and troubleshooting
- Maintain inventory of technology equipment.
- Adhere to the Help Desk Attendance Policy to ensure proper coverage for end user support.
- Maintain compliance with Help Desk work instructions, processes and procedures.
- Perform other technology support duties as assigned.
JUDGMENT AND DECISION MAKING Work is self-directed and assigned by the volume of calls to the devices help desk. This position requires strong technical knowledge, analytical skills, tact, and problem-solving skills. Additionally, this position requires strong organizational skills and knowledge to perform the department’s warranty and insurance claims duties. Decision-making may require collaboration with staff, administration, students and parents. Supervisor is occasionally involved in decision-making.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, and climb or balance. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
EXPERIENCE 3 to 5 years experience in Computer Information Systems or IT related experience. The applicant must be knowledgeable with Chrome OS and be able to troubleshoot Chromebook issues as well as have some proficiency with Google Suite. Experience with or willing to learn GoGuardian product.
Preferred applicants will have:
- At least 1-3 years’ experience in a K-12 school help desk environment.
- Direct education professional experience at large school or district with teachers/faculty/students.
- Ability to coordinate across multiple stakeholders.
- Clear communication and confidence to set expectations of all the parties involved.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with peers, management, 3rd parties, and cross-functional teams.
- 2+ years experience as a Google for Education Domain Administrator.