Solidus is looking for a Circuit Design Engineer to perform design and development/testing of power electronics and the usage of microprocessor controllers, including firmware development as well as PC board layout. The candidate should have familiarity operating high-power lab equipment, experience prototyping control software, experience designing high-power electrical systems for long term testing including thermal considerations. Familiarity with high level languages used for control scripting is a plus.
Responsibilities will include the conceptualization, design, development, testing and documentation of architectures and control systems to support Department of Defense power delivery sub-systems.
- U.S. Citizen and able to obtain a Security Clearance. Active Secret preferred
- BS plus 6 years minimum experience
- Experience in power electronics and microprocessor system design and analysis
- Experience with oscilloscopes, high power lab supplies, and loads is necessary
- Strong laboratory and field experience is required along with the ability to support project engineers in all phases of prototype power supply development
- Circuit design, schematic capture, and board layout experience is a must though this process will sometimes be done with the support of others
- Familiarity operating high-power lab equipment
- Experience prototyping control software
- Experience designing high-power electrical systems for long term test including thermal considerations
- Familiarity with high level languages used for control scripting is a plus
- Experience with design techniques and parts technologies that are used for discrete power electronics as well as wiring, cabling, connector and harness systems to meet Mil Std 461 EMC requirements is highly desirable.
- Familiarity with best-practices for grounding, shielding and bonding is desired
Req ID: 3985
Applicants selected must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. U.S. Citizenship may be required. Solidus is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-Verify. NOTICE OF AFFIRMATIVE ACTION PLAN FOR INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES, DISABLED VETERANS AND OTHER PROTECTED VETERANS. It is the policy of this Company to seek and employ qualified individuals at all locations and facilities, and to provide equal employment opportunities for all applicants and employees in recruiting, hiring, placement, training, compensation, insurance, benefits, promotion, transfer, and termination. To achieve this, we are dedicated to taking affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities, disabled veterans, and other protected veterans. The objective in adopting the Affirmative Action Programs is to place qualified individuals with disabilities, disabled veterans and other protected veterans in all job classifications. These Affirmative Action Programs are available for inspection by any applicant or employee by contacting the Company's EEO Coordinator, in the Human Resources office, Monday through Friday, 8am to 5pm.
Please Note: Solidus does not accept applications from agencies, 3rd party vendors, or applications with incomplete information.