Cisco Network Engineer- University City, MO Direct Hire SUMMARY:
Will be responsible for existing core network maintenance and growth engineering. Design and implement maintenance and upgrade routines for core network elements. Assess security risks. Evaluation of existing network hardware and it upgrade schedule. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILTIES
include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Duties include using a wide range of network equipment and technology.
- Installs, tests, and maintains enterprise/carrier grade network equipment.
- Proficiency in the full range of activities, including interpreting drawings and completing network modifications and maintenance.
- Responds to emergency events of a system failure 24/7.
- Uses a personal computer to make software changes and patches.
- Monitors the system alerts and provide solution.
- Proactively assess overall network health.
- Performs a variety of tasks. Works under general supervision. A certain degree of creativity and latitude is required.
- Reports to VP, IP services Engineering.
- Be available in case of emergency after hours issues.
- Regularly monitor e-mail during and after business hours.
- Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Education/Training
- Bachelor's degree and/or its equivalent and 5 years of experience in the field or in a related area.
- Strong proven knowledge of: network protocols (BGP, OSPF, HSRP etc.)
- Carrier/Enterprise grade networking hardware (Cisco, Juniper etc.)
- 4-6 years of technical experience in the enterprise grade network administration.
If you are interested in this role, then please feel free to reach out directly to:
or 720-201-3798Why Kelly ® ?
By partnering with Kelly® Technology, you'll have direct connections to top companies around the globe-giving you the chance to put your tech skills to work on some of today's most intriguing, innovative, and high-visibility projects. In a world where change is the only constant, our unparalleled connections and IT market expertise help you take your skills exactly where you want to go. We're here to help you gain experience, keep learning, and move your career forward. About Kelly ®
At Kelly, we're always thinking about what's next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we're a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.