Pangaia Partners is a leading edge professional & managed services provider with a strong focus in network engineering, collaboration and data center solutions. Our name, inspired by the original landmass unifying the earth, represents the convergence of technology and its ability to bring together people, companies and organizations across the globe. We help our clients engineer custom solutions to solve business challenges while empowering them to build innovative, lasting, competitive advantages.
Since our inception in 2001, Pangaia Partners has served emerging, midmarket and Fortune 500 companies in a wide range of industries including Financial Services, Pharmaceutical, Healthcare, Telecommunications, Insurance, Energy, Real Estate, Manufacturing and Government Sectors
Pangaia Partners offers full time employees a generous benefit package which includes a competitive salary, paid vacation, holiday and personal time. In addition, Pangaia Partners offer health, dental, 401k, LTD, STD and other attractive benefits.
We currently have a need for a Senior Mobility Network Engineer to support Global Network environments. The Engineer will be directly responsible for the design, maintenance, and support of the organization’s enterprise-wide LAN, WAN, and wireless networks. The candidate will work as part of a team of network engineers designing and deploying Cisco WLAN infrastructure. Global Financial Services, Healthcare or Pharmaceutical experience is strongly preferred.
- Ability to architect, design, and implement wireless solutions for Enterprise Accounts
- Design networks with Cisco 8500(s) high capacity WLAN controllers and over thousands of AP over multiple (local) locations.
- Determine switch, router, and wireless hardware requirements and configurations, and develop, execute, and track purchase orders for required equipment.
- Develop device configuration files from scratch and make modifications to existing configuration files in production switch, router, and WLAN systems. Will also be required to configure L2/L3 switch and router based QOS in LAN and WLAN devices
- Design, implement, and support WLANs by performing and documenting 802.11 wireless surveys.
- Experience using Air Magnet Survey and Spectrum Analyzer, analyzing collected RF data to determine cell boundaries, AP power settings, and noise and interference sources is preferred, but not required. Will determine AP placements and deploy APs, and perform post-implementation surveys in order to optimize WLAN performance.
- Diagnose difficult network performance problems and interact with application support teams to diagnose network or application performance issues. Must know how to quickly trouble-shoot network issues related to asymmetry.
- 7+ years designing and implementing Wireless networking solutions with Cisco and Aruba hardware
- Experience with Cisco 8500 and 5500 WLC’s.
- Experience using Cisco Prime and Mobility Search Engine (MSE)
- Familiarity with Real Time Location Systems (RTLS) tracking
- Experience designing and deploying Cisco ISE (Identity Services Engine) for secure network access.
- Knowledge of Cisco IOS/CatOS configuration and troubleshooting across multiple platforms.
- Knowledge of 802.11a/g/n, Cisco WLC, WCS, CAPWAP, LWAP; be able to use tools such as Cisco Prime Infrastructure, AirMagnet Spectrum, Ekahau, WiFi, and Survey, to design and support WLANS.
- Knowledge of L2/L3 and wireless security features including access-lists, VACLS, firewalls, WPA, TKIP, CCKM, LEAP, etc.
- Hands-on experience and well versed in utilizing networking tools and applications, such as Cisco Works, Solarwinds, CA, Infinistream, Sniffer, Airmagnet Suite, and TACACS.
- Active Certifications CWNA, CWNP, CCNA Wireless, CCNP Wireless, CCIE Wireless; are preferred, but NOT required. Ekahau and/or AirMagnet Professional Certifications a plus.