Founded in 1987, IMG has been a leading small business that exemplifies competence, integrity, and follow-through by consistently providing customer focused professional services derived from our knowledge of the customer, understanding of the requirements, development of our approach, proposal of our solution, delivery of our offerings, and the effective management of our services to ensure that our company is recognized for our relentless pursuit of improvement and for continually exceeding expectations.
IMG is looking for a Cleared Desktop Support Technician (Tier-2) to support an ongoing project in Schenectady, NY. This individual must have an active DOE Q clearance OR
an active DOD Top Secret clearance at a minimum. This individual will be a full-time employee and will be responsible for providing preventive and remedial maintenance for all standard desktop devices and peripherals. The desktop equipment list for each site includes a variety of PC systems (with keyboards, monitors, card readers, and mice) from major manufacturers. Peripherals are primarily printers, scanners, web cameras, headsets, card readers, projectors, and KVM switches.Responsibilities
The purpose of the PC Support Technician is to provide on-site IT support as needed to maintain service levels as required by the customer.
- Support hardware and software for the Instrumentation and Controls Information Technology (ICIT) unit managed networks and customer specific network.
- Follow Job Hazard Analysis (JHA) Procedures and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
- Perform deployments, Install/Move/Add/Change requests, and Troubleshoot and Repair for equipment including but not limited to:
- PC Peripherals
- Network Switches
- Connected Engineering Device
- Advanced User Support and network operations
- Support Windows and Linux OS Image Creation, Maintenance, Patch management and deployment
- Support deployment of new network elements to include Cisco switches and Microsoft servers
- Support Excessing Process for Removal of Obsolete Equipment
- Server and Client Maintenance Activities
- Installation of software to include software development tools
- Virtual Infrastructure upgrades and maintenance
- Perform Duties, as assigned, that are Consistent with Hardware Support (i.e. pushing dollies with IT equipment, climbing ladders, lifting and handling IT equipment, and cabling)
- High School Diploma or Equivalent and minimum of five years of relevant experience or equivalent training and/or certification, Associate Degree and three years relevant experience, or Bachelor Degree and one year of relevant experience.
- Experience supporting Microsoft Windows and Servers (2012/2016), including maintenance, troubleshooting, and deployment
- Experience with Solaris, Cisco, and VMware hardware and products
- Help Desk or other user support experience
- Active DOE Q or DOD Top Secret Security Clearance
- Ability to creatively solve challenging technology problems
- Must be able to manage multiple tasks simultaneously, prioritize workload effectively, and thrive in a dynamic and complex environment.
- Passion for customer service
• IMG COMPANY BENEFITS
Information Management Group, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
- Health, dental, vision, and life insurance
- Short term and long term disability insurance
- 401(k) with generous company match
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA) and Health Savings Accounts (HSA)
- 20 days of personal leave plus paid federal holidays
- Professional development and training assistance