Senior IT Business Analyst……2 positions
Arlington, VA-Pentagon City
Must have a minimum of a Secret clearance or higher.
Long term 3 years plus possible extensions
In this role, the Senior BA supports our client’s Information Systems Program Management Office (PMO) initiatives. This is a cross functional role and the Senior BA will contribute to varying tasks within one or more of the following PMO areas: Program/Portfolio Management, Projects Support, Investment Management, and Change/Configuration Management.
The Senior BA work may include and is not limited to the following activities:
- Contribute to business cases development, alternative analysis, cost benefits analysis (CBA), and investment management activities. Knowledge or familiarity with Federal Governance processes i.e. Capital Planning and Investment Control (CPIC), Exhibit 300, and Exhibit 53 is desirable.
- Partner with the government stakeholders and team NDFS Project Managers to establish the Portfolio Management unit within the client’s PMO organization.
- Provide Requirements Management support to the PMO projects unit.
- Apply analytical skills and knowledge of Software Development Life-cycle (SDLC), Agile Methodology and requirements management to facilitate stakeholder meetings and support business analysis activities within the PMO.
- Deliver high quality PMO artifacts as requested such as high level business and functional requirements document, Requirements Traceability Matrix (RTM), System Implementation Packages (SIPs), Epics, User Stories, Business Process workflows using Visio, Use Cases, big picture diagrams, gap analysis documents, power point briefings, and other artifacts as requested.
- Assist with preparing systems documents and specifications.
- May assist with creating application test plan, test cases and evaluating test results.
- Exceptional analytical and communication (written and oral) skills.
- Excellent planning and organization skills with the ability to execute multiple tasks and deliver high quality deliverables under stringent deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build successful partnerships with business and technical stakeholders desired.
- Candidate must be flexible and capable of switching projects as priorities change.
- Candidate must be a self-starter capable of performing independently with minimum supervision
- Assist with policy and process documentation and reviews and continuous process improvement efforts
- Support organization assessment initiatives. Document current state, future state and develop gap analysis reports.
- Support Performance Measurement Planning, Data Collection, Metrics & Reporting.
- Participate in project planning and schedule development/maintenance activities.
- Provide Weekly and Monthly Status Report inputs.
- Provide meeting support (schedule and facilitate meetings, prepare agenda, send invitations, prepare project briefings, present to the stakeholders, document and distribute meeting minutes, and track actions) for all assigned projects. Proficiency in meeting facilitation is highly desired.
- Support data calls as requested
- Support other PMO tasks as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree (BS/BA in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Business, Physical Science, or other technology)
- Minimum 6 years of relevant IT experience
- 10 years of experience as IT Business Analyst
- 2+ years of Project Management and/or project support/PMO experience; understanding of project management principles
- Knowledge of Agile development methodologies
- Experience or knowledge in IT service management (ITIL).
- Minimum of 2 years of IT Portfolio Management experience. This could include direct experience in one or ideally many of the following areas: IT Budget formulation/reporting; IT Governance/oversight; Select, Control and Evaluation of IT projects; performance measurement/management; IT audits/compliance; performance metrics; and/or IT portfolio prioritization/standardization/rationalization
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to coordinate multiple work streams, multi-task and work well under tight deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal skills and proven experience in building successful partnerships with business and technical stakeholders as applicable.
- Self-starter with ability to perform and lead work independently
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), MS Project and Visio