Dogwood Management Partners, an SDVOSB with a rich history of providing IT and cyber security services for the federal government, is seeking a Cleared Network Engineer for a key opening in Chantilly, VA. This role will require the Network Engineer to work both in Winchester and Chantilly, VA.
- US Citizens Only
- Must have government contracting experience
- Must have an Active Top Secret Clearance, no Interims
- Must have ability to clear an agency background investigation
- Competitive salary and benefits
Network Engineer Overview:
- Plan, design, install and support network communications and infrastructure systems. The engineer will be involved in a wide range of issues including network architectures, monitoring networks, and enterprise networking.
- Provides technical expertise in all areas of network and computer hardware and software interconnection and interfacing, such as routers, multiplexers, firewalls, hubs, bridges, gateways, etc.
- Evaluates, coordinates and performs installation and/or reconfiguration of hardware and software elements of networks.
- May be required to lift and move servers and other medium to heavy equipment as needed
- Work on a large multi-year project integrating different products including Networking, virtualization, storage, hosting, document management, and hyper converged solutions.
- Strong documentation skills for IT requirements gathering and development, and have strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to map user/software workflow to application stack and solution architecture
- May interface with customers to gather requirements, gather data and troubleshoot issue.
- Works with limited guidance and direction from the Project Manager and Senior Engineers.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to multi-task efforts based on a dynamic environment.
- Understanding of security protocol for handling sensitive systems
Education & Experience Required:
BS or BA in a related field with 3 to 5 years of experience or Associate Degree with 5 to 7 years of experience
- Must have the ability to provision new network devices for deployments and system-wide installation
- Must have the ability to create and maintain technical documentation.
- Demonstrates proficiency and troubleshooting abilities for the OSI (Open Systems Interconnect) model, with emphasis on the lower 4 layers, its technologies, protocols, and architecture
- Must have basic understanding of MS Active Directory, Exchange, and related enterprise applications in a complex environment
- Understands TCP/IP networking and associated protocols, including addressing and internet working
- Must have a solid understanding of the Cisco networking technologies, especially in the Cisco IOS (command line) and the associated hardware, to include:
- Stacking and Chassis-based Ethernet switches
- Firewalls and Access Control Lists
- VoIP technologies (Call Manager, Unified Messaging and Communications (UM / UC), IPCC, and other related systems)
- CCNA, CCDA, or similar certification is highly preferred
Due to the clearance requirement, no agency consultants or Visa candidates can be considered.
Dogwood has been providing Cyber Security and related IT services to Commercial clients and federal agencies since 2001 and we owe our success to the quality of individuals we have been fortunate enough to hire and retain to perform to the standards set forth by leadership within our commercial clients and the federal government.
All responses will be held in confidence.
Dogwood Management Partners LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Minorities, Veterans, Service Disabled Veterans, and those with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
With the subject line 1728 Network Engineer
please apply to with an updated resume.