Job ID: 219497 Location:
CHANTILLY , VA , US Date Posted:
IT Systems EngineerSchedule:
Yes, 10 % of the TimeMinimum Clearance Required:
TS/SCIClearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain:
TS/SCI with PolyPotential for Remote Work:
Join a high-performing Classified Engineering team using a wide variety of cutting-edge technologies to help shape Systems & Infrastructure strategy for the organization by developing, deploying, and modernizing hardware, tools, techniques, and processes supporting SAIC's most critical missions..
What our team does:
- Deploys, operates and maintains highly compliant, converged systems supporting diverse applications and functions at multiple security levels across numerous customers and programs
- Implements baselines and releases of configurations to positively benefit compliance, uptime/reliability, and performance objectives
- Maintains and enhances Government and organizationally-defined procedures, configurations, and baselines.
- Engages in problem resolution to ensure tough issues are fixed, preventative actions are taken, and relevant knowledge is captured and shared across teams.
- Coordinates and manages vendors, suppliers, and providers to ensure operational objectives are met.
What you deliver:
- Highly deployable, highly sustainable, highly compliant Security Engineering & Administration solutions for our programs and customers supporting National Security & Defense missions
- Expert Deployment and Management of new & existing Splunk and related hardware/software infrastructure, including overseeing O&M and support standards across numerous environments to meet Operational and Compliance objectives.
- Work with Operations, Engineering and other key stakeholders to develop and lead the implementation of standards and playbooks in an effort to automate certain tasks.
- Forecast and lead development of advanced reports and dashboards to meet the requirements of key stakeholders including Customers, Information Assurance, and others.
- Expertise leading to the configuration and optimization of the Splunk instances, including the knowledge to troubleshoot and debug issues as they occur within the Splunk deployments, updating all system SOPs accordingly and contributing to knowledge sharing and training.
- Knowledge and desire to improve the processes and procedures effectively across the enterprise.
Education, Experience, & Skills
- BS degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Information Technology, Computer Engineering or related field
- Must have an Active TS/SCI Clearance
- Solid understanding of Windows and UNIX/Linux operating system administration (3-5 years).
- Expert level understanding of Splunk Engineering best practices (Splunk Enterprise Certified Admin or Equivalent training) and experience optimizing Splunk deployments in Classified environments using RMF.
- Experience in Enterprise Event Management, Cyber Threat Analysis Tools, Tactics, and Techniques (3-5 years).
- Knowledge of RegEx and SPL.Expertise configuring, deploying, and developing Splunk solutions
- DoD 8570 IAT Tier III and IAM Tier II certifications
- Additional or specialized experience may serve in lieu of Degree.
- Must have or be able to obtain/maintain Active TS SCI w/ CI.
- Splunk Enterprise Certified Architect or Equivalent training a plus.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Python, PowerShell, and other scripting languages.
- Network Experience (Cisco, Juniper, Palo, and/or Fortinet) experience a plus
- Experience identifying and developing integration/automation solutions, automated configuration management, or similar technologies
- Experience implementing/integrating Splunk or similar solutions with Cloud platform services in IL-5 or higher providers (e.g. AWS/Azure GovClouds) nice to have
- Previous experience maintaining path to production Infrastructure Labs.
- Agile/Scrum: Familiarity with Agile, Kanban, Scrum, how Scrum is done, standard Scrum/Agile ceremonies.
- Enjoys solving challenging problems well and simplifying complex Engineering and Operational challenges by using all available resources including collaboration with teammates, SME's and resources external and internal.
- Collaborative and engaging - willingness to initiate and appear on webcam in remote team meetings when available.
- Excellent written and spoken communication abilities, able to articulate and exchange complex ideas and technical concepts with teammates, stakeholders, and non-technical persons effectively
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees will be required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. Full vaccination will be required before the start of employment in order to work onsite at an SAIC location. If applicable, prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Employees working onsite at a customer location must comply with customer requirements which may include mandatory vaccination, mandatory attestation regarding one's vaccination status and mandatory weekly or bi-weekly testing.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com .
My SAIC Benefits.