About this role
Are you someone who is technically proficient, curious and creative and looking for an opportunity to make an impact to a critical innovation initiative? Do you have a passion for understanding data patterns and trends and an entrepreneurial approach to solving problems? Are you someone who enjoys connecting underlying data to business results & opportunity? We are looking for innovators like you to join our team as a Client Data Analyst.
The Client Data Analyst is part of the Client Experience Platform team, focused on transforming the Client Experience for BlackRock clients and internal colleagues. The Client Data Analyst is responsible for ingesting, cleaning, mining and transforming data. They also build and validate metrics, monitor data quality, analyze various forms of data (e.g. raw data, base data, 3rd party data, metrics), provide reports and interpret results. They will take the initiative in an environment where processes, metrics & reports are being built from the ground up to support this transformation.
As such the Client Data Analyst will need to understand input data, output data and transformations required to bridge the two. They will design, build and innovate processes to deliver required data. They will ensure data quality. They will help lead projects to build new, and to improve existing, data pipelines.
- Wrangle, mine and prepare data from multiple systems.
- Perform data analysis and validation.
- Translate data into meaningful insights.
- Work with business partners to understand their data and reporting needs and make recommendations on reporting and visualization solutions to accomplish their goals.
- Develop reports and data visualizations to present insights in the most effective way to enable decision-making.
- Complete ad hoc requests for research, analysis, and reporting by pulling from diverse internal and external data sources, implementing the appropriate method of analysis and offering meaningful insights.
- Monitor and analyze key metrics and execute recurring analyses and reporting.
- Write, maintain and/or update queries to develop analyses in response to queries from various business groups.
- Ensure accuracy of results produced as a result of data analysis.
- We realize excellent data analysts can come from a variety of backgrounds so while we require a Bachelor-s Degree we are open to degrees outside of computer science and information systems if you are curious and have the technical skills we need!
- Minimum of 2 years of work experience in a data analyst role with experience wrangling data, writing and optimizing queries from various databases
- Understanding of large-scale enterprise application setup
- Hands-on experience with SQL server replication is required
- Experience in either R or Python or other statistical programming languages
- Deep understanding of Excel and Tableau
- Experience working with Agile Scrum Teams preferred
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to investors and a leading provider of financial technology, our clients turn to us for the solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of March 31, 2019, the firm managed approximately $6.52 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide. For additional information on BlackRock, please visit @blackrock | Blog: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock .
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.